D3 Fusion Rides #1 & 2

Horton

• Administrators

I learned from the Independent Ski Tests a few years ago is that first impressions do not tell the whole story.

After the first ride I was interested. After the second ride I was excited. Details to follow when I am sure I know what I think.

DSC_9591.JPG
From D3 Fusion Ride 1

DSC_9601.JPG
From D3 Fusion Ride 1

DSC_9629.JPG
From D3 Fusion Ride 1

DSC_9498.JPG
From D3 Fusion Ride 1

DSC_9562.JPG
From D3 Fusion Ride 1

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
What size are you on? What are the flex numbers? Where did you start with the fins set up? I know, I know...more to come but I am curious as i am looking to test ride one myself, maybe this weekend. I am in the market for a new ride, just got off the 67" Elite; now on to the Fusion.

• Baller

Just a little additional feedback settings-wise Horton. I have been riding a Fusion Prototype for about 2 months (and I'm now on a new one) and I would beware going with a longer fin setting. The ski needs to release out and the turn kind of takes care of itself. I tried some super long, deep, and back settings and didn't realize (until I undid them and went back to something more traditional) how hard I was working to create speed and width. I went back to 6.880, 2.505, and .725 from the tail and the ski came back to life. Feels much better. Had some other guys trying it at our place and the results were similar.

Hope all is well guys.

Seth Stisher

H2OProShop.com and H2OTrainingCenter.com

• Administrators

Thanks Seth.

That makes a lot of sense. I do not want to say too much publicly until I have more rides on it but ... with the Z settings it does shut down pretty fast.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Those numbers are for a 66, and they aren't necessarily the best numbers out there, but wanted to make the point that it was waaayyyy too much work with a long blade. For a 67, you may want a touch more length and depth. My boots were/are at stock and wing is at 8 degrees, but maybe 7 today since our water is about 180 degrees...

Oh, and as for hair, keep it...you might be running out of it soon...

Hope things are good.

Seth

• Baller
You looked about the same from a stacked point of view on both skis. The difference I see is that on the A2 you had a tight line on both sides and on this ski you have a tight line on 2/4 and a loose (sometimes very loose) line on 1/3...