Radar Vice vs. D3 X7

cldwatskir

• Baller_
Road one set on Vice. Will be riding it this week a few more times. Will report back. Coming off 9800sl. Will get a chance in a couple weeks to ride both Strada and Vice back to back. Did test the Strada already but months ago. May just be the time that's past but not noticing a huge dif between Strada and Vice.

• Baller

I tried Vice this spring and went with X7

I could not consistently get enough tip pressure in the turn to get the Vice to turn. X7 rides flatter in the water naturally and will turn even if your body position is not perfect. If you are a skier that really can stay on the front foot the Vice will really turn -- if you are up on it.

X7 tracks very well, I shallowed fin very slightly to roll edges easier, especially after pulling too long. Ski will always get some turn.

No idea about the Vice, but I was on a D3 RC, until I broke it back in '08, than a RCX, switched to a X7 and love it. To put it simply, maybe a little slower than your RC but grabs more angle easier and is more stable. When I got the X7 I went from running 35 occasionally to running it off the dock almost every set. 6'-3", 180lbs, 67" ski

I've been on a 68" Strada for the last two seasons. I picked up a 68" Vice during AWS 40% off sale for $400. My intention was to give this to my dad to try and entice him to get back on the water. I jumped on the Vice three days ago and I matchd my PB on my first set with it. I ski 36 mph, and have been getting into 4 and 5 ball at 32 off. This ski feels very close to my Strada but it feels like it gets more angle out of the ball and the ski rides deeper in the water at the ball. The turn feels better to me, I feel more confident that I can take the ski into the ball fast and its not going to blow out.

Tonight was another great couple sets, ran the first set; 15, four 22s, two 28s and 3 at 32. So far, the VICE kicks ASS!

• Baller
I sold my Strada after two weeks for the same reasons as thompjs and ShaneH. When I did get my weight on the sweet spot, I had the best turns ever. I just couldn't do it consistently. Never tried the vice. My previous ski was an RCX, but I'm on an A2 now.

• Baller
The Vice is a great ski in my opinion. I rode a Strada and the Vice and I think the observations above are accurate. The Vice is better in rough water. I did not like the X7 but I probably did not have it set up right. Ride both of them if you can and see which one suits your style better.

• Baller_
I rode the Vice and a D3 Zst within days of each other. Assuming the Z is somewhat similar to X7, to me they were very different skies and, IMHO, in some respects operate better with a different style of skiing. I skied well on both but skied a very different style on both. I would say agree to try them both and see which fits your style.