Nate Smith Cheats (or is just really really talented)

Horton

• Baller
Gotta love another stud rear toe plate skier! He does what Razor1 is trying to get me to do. He is already rising up off the lean and getting taller by the time he's at mid wake as the start of the movement that creates an early edge change. Thanks for the pics.

• Baller
Unlike Dr. Michaels, Nate has been good and improving for some time. He does not only ski at his home site and avoid competition, so I think everyone should congratulate him for his performances. If he will have consistancy, time will tell. No one has stepped up to take Andy's place, as Andy replace Bob Lapoint, who eclipsed Kris.

• Baller

If your ski is flat in the center of the wakes with the tip perpendicular to the boat path while still under load with your shoulders level, the boat will automatically bring you to the inside edge while your ski continues to move outbound (in the same direction it is pointing utilizing all of the energy that was generated in the acceleration zone; a body in motion stays in motion) and away from the handle thereby creating width and increasing how early one can ski. Pulling long requires the skier to physically change their edge.

Schnitz!

http://www.schnitzskis.com/natesmith.html

• Baller
An interesting thing happens in the pre-turn. I noticed this in slow mo vidoes as well. His initial reach is down to the water; then up pointing to the pylon. If my first move was down, my hand would be in the water. Anyone else notice this? Any theories?

• Baller_
Skibug, I noticed that to in the vid as well. His reach is down at first but the line is level with the water even when his arm is down. As the ski swings away and he becomes more laid out in the turn, the arm goes up. Basically he keeps the line perfectly level at all times.