22 off and 28 off should I work on fin and binding setting

icewebdan

I run 22 off at 34 MPH and sometime 28 off. Just get a goode mid wide. At the end of off-side turn I have difficulty to finish the turn. I don't get enough angle. Usally i feel I am putting pressure on my back foot and the tip of the ski rise.

My question: At this speed and line lenght should I try to work on binding and fin setting or just work on technique? any advise to help finishing the turn?

The funny thing is when I pratice at lower speed like 32 MPH I can pass 32 off easy.

• Baller
I don't think anybody can answer that definitively. Different folks have had different experiences with regular vs. mid. I love my regular 9900SL so much that I haven't even allotted the time to try anything else. But plenty of people adore the mid as well.

• Baller

I don't ski on a Goode but I agree with Ed. I think you need to play a little with fin and binding settings until it feels good. If you move them around a bit and don't like it, you can always move back to where it was most comfortable.

Once the ski feels good, work on technique.

Well I am surprise this morning. Try all 4 available adjustment on my binding. The last one I try was the one putting my binding further back and it did work great. Off-side was really good, on-side a little bit harder but still good. I don't understand how putting the binding back help my off-side turn...

I read in an other trend that the way animal binding are made you have to cut more than 1/4 of inch to the distance to the tail. IT seem to be true for me...