handle concept

disland

• Baller

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_18ss5BG3K9U/TSpJIeQAJAI/AAAAAAAAAA8/zHEbqrwojpM/s640/butterfly%20handle.jpg 

Ok Ballers,
My concept is to build a handle that is curved in the vertical plane.

I belive this would reduce strain on the elbow and bicep by not forcing the left hand as shown to pronate all the way in the counter clockwise direction.

Note it would have to have the bent at the end to ensure that the pull did not induce the handle to twist

Does anyone know someone who has made handles that would be willing to build a prototype of this design?

Thanks

Dave

• Administrators
I fixed your photo and am thinking about your idea..... You know it is easy to bend handles? Ghost Skier Rob bent my current one in 5 minutes

• Baller_

Hey! I have two handles that have bent thatway on their own, but they did not do it until after I installed handle guards. Seems strange but I sent one back to the manufacture and was told I need to loose weight?!?!?!!! (funny).

My Son bent one that way on purpose a few seasons ago and skied on it for the past two seasons, but I cant say if it did anything for him. He did tell me he was going to bend his new handle the same way but it was because he liked the way it felt in his hands during the pull transition.

I’m picturing that disland is envisioning the handle being bend in a different plane than a regular radius handle. He said vertical, so I think regular handles are bent in the horizontal plane and his idea is to bend it in the plane as if grabbing a steering wheel on a car. I’m not sure it everyone is on the same plane with disland, or my interpretation could be off.

• Baller

It would have to have ARS setup if it is vertical.

You could buildup the rubber and grind away vs bending.

At first I thought it would have to be specific to what palm up you are, but then I figured out that it would just flip.