Drysuits

SM

• Baller
I've been skiing at Okeeheelee where the water has been pretty cold in the last little while. Many people here are skiing in what look to be full length triathlon wetsuits. A couple people I spoke to said that they use this suit instead of a drysuit in really cold water and say that for the most part the water doesn't get in and they stay comfortable. Anybody have any experience with this suit?

• Baller

The older version of the Aquaskins 50 worked really well. When the water is cold but the sun is out, they work really well. This is a grey and black model with blue accents. The newer model is a material change and our club members say they are not as warm. This is a red accented model.

I have the older version and just bought an O'Neill Assualt hybred dry suit, best I've ever tried. Slim Neo lower and baggy nylon upper. Darrin at Wiley's has stock and a great price.

• Baller
I have an aquasphere full suit and it is good down to the high 50s.  I have the old grey and black model.  I havent' sprung for a dry suit yet but keep thinking about it.  I am a little worried about the way a dry suit would fit my 18" neck.

• Baller

Greetings everyone, I am really enjoying this forum.

I am heading the to boat show here in a few days and I'd like to pick up a drysuit if i can find one. Any "stocky" guys out there with an opinion on a good one for skiing? I am 5'10" and currently weigh 242. I dabble in masters powerlifting and went a little nuts with my diet and ate my way up a few classes for a recent competition, so i am carrying some extra fat right now. I have my diet under control and I'm on my way back down, but I'll probably end up skiing around 210 at my leanest. My bet is its going to be hard to find a drysuit that fits my frame properly.

Any suggestions from stocky guys or people who know stocky guys would be appreciated on a brand or style that would fit best? Thanks,

Jack

• Baller
O'Neill Boost or similar full baggy. Pick a size with plenty of room for your waist and chest and ignore the height as long as it's taller than you. Use leg spray wuss guards to prevent any excess baggy leg length from dragging in turns. If you wear your vest inside the drysuit you can get a clean burp of unwanted air. My XL fits my 6'3, 180 lbs as well as a 5'10, 205 lbs buddy. You'll probably want a larger size to fit your studly chest but the height doesn't get much taller in the XXL and larger sizes so no worries.

• Baller
O'Neill Boost or similar full baggy. Pick a size with plenty of room for your waist and chest and ignore the height as long as it's taller than you. Use leg spray wuss guards to prevent any excess baggy leg length from dragging in turns. If you wear your vest inside the drysuit you can get a clean burp of unwanted air. My XL fits my 6'3, 180 lbs as well as a 5'10, 205 lbs buddy. You'll probably want a larger size to fit your studly chest but the height doesn't get much taller in the XXL and larger sizes so no worries. This must have been worth saying twice