Youth Sports Revolution: Project to get waterskiing back on TV - WE NEED YOUR VOTE EVERY DAY

Horton

• Administrators

VOTE http://www.refresheverything.com/youthsportsrevolution Only Once a Day but Every Day

Goals

• Bring national TV exposure to young athletes and to niche sports
  • Provide future funding for grass roots development in sports
  • Showcase wholesome lifestyles for teens
  • Have kids help themselves by having them support their own project

Overview

The poor economy has impacted youth sports; sending many kids to the streets with nothing to do. Statistics indicate kids involved in afterschool activities have a greater chance of success in life. Childhood obesity is on the rise. Many sports have suffered losses in sponsorship and TV exposure especially niche sports and junior tours; directly impacting the number of kids exposed to sports.

Youth Sports Revolution will use media and internet to showcase kids in sports, developing a show, “Road To The Top”, about what it takes to be the best. What was life like before Michael won 8 Gold medals?  How do they balance life, school, training with just being kids.  Four stars will show us how to play basketball, surf,  waterski and golf to greatness. An interactive website will showcase young athletes giving other kids a chance to vote them on the show.

Proceeds will provide opportunities for kids in sports.

VOTE http://www.refresheverything.com/youthsportsrevolution Only Once a Day but Every Day

• Gold Member

Yikes -- we're being beaten by quite a few local projects, like "rebuild so and so high school."

Gotta be more people with passion about getting kids into sports nationwide than there are people in one high school district!!

VOTE EARLY VOTE OFTEN!

• Administrators
do it again tomarrow- this is a chance to show the power of the Baller Army. I really want you guys to vote every day.

• Gold Member

Hmm, a number of places give out free email addresses. 

I can see why they make you do that little "prove you're a human" text recognition test each time.  Without that it would be trivial to automate a votebot.

(I actually strongly suspect that my company's text recognition software is good enough to get past that, but now we're talking about BOTH immoral and requiring a ton of effort!)

• Baller

Keep voting every day! This could be huge for our sport!

I got this email from Jennifer last night

Jennifer Leachman Lapoint

Thanks for your supoort so far of our Grant request from Pepsi to get waterskiing and other youth sports on TV, however we have lost our momentum after moving forward 100 places we are starting to drop backwards.

Please get all your frineds in waterskiing and other kids sports to vote. Remember that you can vote once a day.

Thanks for your help.

Jenn

http://www.refresheverything.com/youthsportsrevolution 

• Baller

I got another email from Jennifer today! Keep Voting!

Jennifer Leachman Lapoint,
Thanks team for the support...We need more momentum. We are dropping again.234 If we make the top group we get to keep trying for another month.

Vote every day and pass it on...where are the other 30,000 competative waterskiers?

• Gold Member

I just voted again.  But where are there 30k competitive water skiers?  I would have estimated more like 4k.

Still, I can't believe some High School's courtyard was in the top 3 last time I checked.  Now THAT is organized voting (or else hacking!)