ski school recommendations in Nov.

tru-jack

• Baller

Myself and a few friends from our club are talking about a ski school trip sometime in November.  We're in Ontario Canada, and are looking for a nice cap to the season (typically ends mid-october) and due to work etc... have figured November is the time for us to go.  I guess we need to get far enough south for warmer weather so were looking for suggestions that offer the following:

warm water (70 and up preferred) Not sure if this limits us to FLA or not?  Maybe Charleston SC?

on site or nearby accomodations, nothing fancy or $ as it's just a guys trip.

something other than backwoods ski lake, ie. we can head into local town to entertain ourselves in bars etc...

good conditions with decent coaches. (I'm working on my 32 pass, but some will be cleaning up their 38 and working on 39.5 pass)

thanks guys

• Baller
That's a wide range of abilities traveling together. If your interested in learning something and trying to evolve your skiing go see Drew. He can help the entire group for sure. Plus plenty of vacation options local.

• Baller

Matt Rini.  He's about a half hour SE of Orlando in Clermont Florida.  He's a countryman (coachs the Canadian National Team) and he's great with a wide variety of ability levels from pro to beginner.  Works with lots of pros (Karina, Whitney, etc etc) and young up-and-comers and knows his stuff.  In fact I'm getting on the plane in about 3 hours to go see him myself!  Really easy to work with and reasonably priced.  Highly recommended.

Ed

• Baller_
If you ski at Ski Tek/Chris Rossi's on the east side of Orlando ( http://waterskimag.com/water-ski-schools/2010/03/04/florida-skitec-inc/ ), you can stay in Cocoa Beach, a 35 minute drive away. Lots of stuff to do (walk to the bars) and less expensive than Orlando. I have a house  a block from the ocean available any week in November. http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/13803.html The Clermont ski sites are all at least a half hour away from where you would want to stay in Orlando in the International Drive or Lake Buena Vista area. Drew's is a 20 minute drive from Lake Buena Vista/Disney. Rossi has two lakes, so a windy day doesn't spoil your fun.

Lpskier

• Baller
Not yet but we will. Just skied tonight in 72f water not bad. We have had a very nice summer with water in low 80s but anything 70 and up is ideal to us. We usually start and finish every season in the 50s. We had a great time at trophy lakes a few years ago when Seth was there and they had very basic cabins on site with nightly road trips to local bars. We have access to condos in both ft myers and Naples any good schools near either of those cities? Thanks

• Baller

We rented a house two years ago at the Swiss Ski School. It was about $1500 for a week and was plenty big enough for 4 adults and 5 kids. The only issue with Swiss, is the coaching is quite variable. But the price is right.

Also, have a look here: http://www.vrbo.com/182514 You can rent a house that comes with a ski boat on a lake with a course. It's pretty close to most of the ski schools.