Elite Question

bhs

• Baller
Got a call from a friend of mine at nationals and he said that O'Brien is selling the Elite for $990! This is a ski I really want to try but I have to confess its mainly for cosmetic and warranty reasons. The posts I have read don't seem to positive... am I missing something??? Good looking ski, good warranty and designed by the man himself! So I am looking for some feedback from those who have tried it and are riding it. Thanks

• Administrators

No. I Love this ski and pretty much every skier I have sold one to is very happy. I have sold 10 - 15 in the last year. For that price GET IT!

MS - shut up you are wrong.

• Baller
the $990 Elite sounds like a special on the 2009 models. The 2010's are out and the 2011's are right around the corner. I bought mine from Horton and am really happy with it. It is a great ski! " For that price GET IT! "

• Baller
I have one coming back w/ Jones.  After riding Ward's this past weekend, I'm interested in spending some time on it and trying to dial it in for my style.  Andy is setting it up for me and Alvin has given me some tips regarding binding setup.  Good guys w/ lots of access to support.

• Baller

Just picked up my new Elite (thanks for bringing back from Nationals Scot).  Not sure how it will compare to my current ride but the craftsmanship is amazing!  This thing is a work of art.  Andy set the fin up so we'll see how it performs when I get back in town tomorrow.

P.S. - got Ward's Prodigy's w/ me also - very nice looking set up.

• Baller

I'm using a Reflex front and mounted up at 30.125 per Andy's recommendation.  He stated either 30 or 30.125.

And, Andy's fin setting on my ski is a bit different - 6.855 (tips), 2.500, .777.  That is longer, shallower and further back than most.  Should be an interesting ride.

• Baller

HOrton: "No. I Love this ski and pretty much every skier I have sold one to is very happy. I have sold 10 - 15 in the last year. For that price GET IT!"

"Pretty much" sounds like "every skier". Maybe "most not all" would be more appropriate....

• Baller
Swervit, you might notice a disadvantage in your offside turn on this ski being back on the 68.  As you get closer to 30 and 1/8th you will see a better offside turn and possibly a more stable ski being in the middle of the sweet spot.  Andy has been moving some bindings back a little this year but you must also move the fin back with the binding.  The nelwy redesigned 68" is  completely different than last year's ski.  The numbers for the newest layup are: .785,2.490,6.860 with front binding at 30" from the tail.  You can email me @ alvinneff@mac.com if you have any questions for me.  Good luck with getting your ski dialed in, you will love it once you find your settings!

• Baller
With Andy's numbers, the ski felt much different than when I skied on Ward's last weekend (Ward's numbers are shorter, deeper and forward).  The on-side turn is much smoother and doesn't drop in too hard - this was my biggest complaint w/ Ward's ski and the 68" I rode last year.  The off-side is nice but a bit "sticky" and doesn't move out off the 2nd wake w/o some effort.  I'll probably take out some of the length but the depth and DFT seem to work well.  BTW, I put my calipers on the ski last night and came up with 6.855 / 2.500 / .781 DFT - 8 deg wing.

thanks for everyones help, @ Alvin, may take you up on that offer.

the offside does feel tighter and i can drive the tip through to the white stuff and pick the load up later.

im kinda floating around andys settings and am a little more consistent. however moving my binding forward did give me a problem on my onside.

for some reason i was getting to much out of the buoy and having to throw the handle.. it was turning me in a circle... literally! as such i have learnt to keep still and patient, any attempt to over ride the skis natural ability to to turn offers you a swift response of "GET OF ME" proceeded by a water start and missing your pass.

every mow and then i force myself to free ski, im a scrapper and as such have had to change my style of skiing. the free skiing shows me what the ski can really do. i just need to transfer that into the course!