2011 Ski Nautique 200 Changes?

slow

• Baller
Jody Seal can probably provide more info but I understand that they are testing several different props to find the right combination for slalom and jump.  I can't imagine they will make any significant changes to the design after the first year.  I'm buying a 2010 promo and not looking back.  Any prop modifications will be an easy fix for me.

confirmed - Adding 3 new colors: Victory Red makes a come back, Masters Blue, Sublime Green (think Monster Energy can)

confirmed - Catanium motor will be mandatory for any boat produced after Dec 31, 2010.

rumor - Did something with the hinges for the saddle bags, but I never had a problem (faux teak sits higher than the stock gray stuff)

rumor - speaking of the faux teak, the stock gray now has the same texture as the faux teak, which is awesome.

I can't think of anything on my boat that I do not like. Having ZO fully integrated into the LINC system would be cool though.

• Baller

How is your gas consumption in the 200?  We were talking about the new boats and a senior driver was saying that he heard they are seeing about a 30% increase in fuel consumption.  That would seem to make sense based on the higher rpm's.

Lol, HUGE discussion about that on an earlier thread. Yes, it uses more anywhere from 10-20% more. However, my boat pulled an entire round of slalom (52 skiers) at the Va State Champ on apx 27 gallons. That plus the gratitude I received from everyone loving the wake and pull was enough for me.

If you pull a lot of 36mph skiers you will see more of a difference.

Love the V drive option. Its just more family friendly. Hate that tower. I am still a few years away from a new boat  maybe  by then they will have got rid of that tower.

I have also heard from others that have the PCM cat motors that it is like having FAE, quiet and clean.

• Baller_

Brent,

I have 6 liter 200 SN that came standard with a 654 12.5X15 ACME. For general slalom skiing and tricks outside of tournaments I have been running two props that substancially bring RPMs down at slalom speeds. One is a 13X15.5 OJ the other is a 422 ACME 12.5X15.5 (this is what came stock on 5.7 196 and 206 Nautiques). These props I would not try and pull 35mph jumping with , it would work but!!!. The OJ runs 3620 @ 34mph with three people in the boat and a 170 pound skier running 28-35 off. The 422 Acme slightly higher, This prop I have run over 49mph with. I do not have any experiance with the 5.7 200 SN but do know some one that has played around with a few different wheel setups and he does not run the standard prop on his boat.

I have found that at about 50 hours the boat really freed up and picked up about a mile per hour on top end. My last oil change I used Royal Purple and found a little more HP. I now have 130 hours on the boat.

As for refinments in 2011. All boat companys strive for better build procedures and better fit and finnish the second year of production. What I know was on the hit list is ski locker hindges, more user friendly motor box , different propping.  The one I bang on them about is offering a teak platform!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Art is bringing My Closed bow from Nationals next week as it was a display boat looking forward to tweaking and tuning!!!

• Baller

And please, a 70k + boat should have a clock. The fully loaded version with the screen does have one, it's just very tiny on the display. I had never noticed it until Becky pointed it out to me the other day. The SE version has no clock. Seems like a small thing (and it is I suppose), but we have all stuck small analoge or digital clocks on our SN196 boats (even the limited has no clock).

I agree about the gas cap. A tall person can handle it at a gas station I suppose, but the 196 layout was ideal for everyone and it was pretty much impossible to get gasoline on the interior with that setup. At least move the cap to the slope on the back to one side of center.

• Baller

Quote from dealer about 4 months ago (for new boat, not 50 hours boat). Stripped down version was right at 50k at that time. Bought new 2009 Limited for more than 10K less... You can easily reach 70K and more with the right options. I have a lot of respect for you Jodi, but I reserve the right to make whatever statements I choose, even if you view them as "wild."

• Baller
Whatever, I could barely get to that number with a stripped down (not LINKS) boat from three different dealers (two in my state and one out of state) at the time, so prices have certainly changed once the boats became available. If you can get that boat for 54K, then the stripped version must be well below 50K and I've not seen, nor do I know anyone who has gotten one for under 50k yet. I'm happy for you (but I'm also happy with my 196).

• Baller
Jody - I understand that the early 200's had the "correct" prop for slalom but changes were made in later models to accomodate jump.  Maybe you could confirm.  Anyway, I would be interested in what prop comes on your 2011 - if different than your 2010.  I'll have my 2010 boat sometime next month and will starting the "tuning" process.

• Baller_

Yes another option is available for jump and that is a 13X14 Thre blade ACME I think the part number is 1458 (could be wrong!!) I have heard a lot of slalom skiers say it feels ok but the R's are even higher with this prop then the stock prop provided. Again this prop is only being used for open men 35 mph jumping. The New boat will come with a 654, We will not know about any prop changes until we get closer to Towboat tests. For the most part the 200 will go into the next test as unchaged however if their is a prop designation change then the boat may have to be tested with the changed prop configuration.

Talking to the guy that owns a 5.7 200 CB he runs a the ACME 654 and is getting nearly the same results as I am with the 422 on my 6 liter.

Joe are you getting a 5.7 or 6?

• Baller

Jody - the boat I'm buying has a 5.7.  We don't have a jump at my site so it's not an issue - slalom and trick only. 

Talking to the guy that owns a 5.7 200 CB he runs a the ACME 654 and is getting nearly the same results as I am with the 422 on my 6 liter.

Which is?

• Baller_

"I have 6 liter 200 SN that came standard with a 654 12.5X15 ACME. For general slalom skiing and tricks outside of tournaments I have been running two props that substancially bring RPMs down at slalom speeds. One is a 13X15.5 OJ the other is a 422 ACME 12.5X15.5 (this is what came stock on 5.7 196 and 206 Nautiques). These props I would not try and pull 35mph jumping with , it would work but!!!. The OJ runs 3620 @ 34mph with three people in the boat and a 170 pound skier running 28-35 off."

Joe Above are the similar numbers that I was told the 5.7 will run with a 654 prop. "Around" 3620 at 34 and 3820 at 36 with skiers on and a full crew load.

Again not having direct experiance I can only go with what I am told by the owner

• Baller
Pricing is wholy dependant on the dealers. My dealer will sell a 200 to skiers for a very reduced price just to help the ski community. I know what the invoice cost is on our 200 team that shows up next week and it's not nearly as expensive as some dealers will lead you to believe. 

• Baller
Boody's friend's price makes sense.  $70k is around the retail on a 2011 200TE, but not what you'd actually pay - unless you're willing to pay it I guess?  I won't reveal my price quote on a 2011TE CB, as some of you may go punch your salesman;-)  They're still expensive, but not to the extent people are claiming.  Then again, maybe my dealer is just abnormally cool!