Flip Cam?

Horton

• Baller

The camera The_Krista uses is the Kodak Playsport HD. Its 1080p, waterproof up to 10 feet and really cute (most importantly...it comes in purple!) :) Only downside of it is that it doesn't easily mount to a helmet---although The_Krista is sure you could figure something out... The_Krista's solution involves duct tape and zip ties. The_Krista's standard solution for everything, actually. Zoom is pretty decent and it takes still photos as well.

Here : http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/PLAYSPORT_Video_Camera/productID.169976100

• Baller
Horton - The_Krista uses a flip when The_Krista remembers to take it with her to the lake. The_Krista got it before the nice HD ones came out. The_Krista has the regular one. The_Krista will see if The_Krista can find a video that The_Krista took with it and post it to show the quality. The_Krista thinks it is a great camera!

• Baller

My Flip Ultra HD zooms in?

My guess is the most important feature when filming from the boat is the "image stabilization".  I recall reading on another site that there are different technologies/types of stabilization....some far superior to others and not necessarily more expensive. 

For some reason, most of the better cam's in the $500-1000 range will not work very well with the Trakker. But the cheapy Flip seems to do Great. This same discussion has came up several times on other sites and the Flip always comes out on top for quality of shot, ease of use and price. Any cam that works well with the tempermental Trakker and costs under $200 would be a cam. to check out.

ZOOM in??? -what are you really planning to use it for? http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-laughing.gif

I’m looking for something like the Flo-Cam option (but use my camara mount) from Malibu. I want to control the camera from the driver’s seat, once I’m finished skiing and waiting for my partner to get ready I would like to view my passes I just made.  Have like an 8†screen with all the controls and just mount it to the dash. Has anyone seen such a creature???

• Administrators

Roger that is awesome. Do you have film from the boat with that camera. That is what I need to see.

Sorry to see that you are stuck skiiing with Trish :-) Site looks beautiful.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

The site is Hidden Pass in New York owned by Jim Dibella. A bunch of Okeeheelee skiers took a Winabago trip up there last month for a couple of tournaments (I did  not go). There is a small segment from the boat in this one:

I'm stuck skiing with Trish and John quite a bit http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

• Baller
Horton, I got a flip cam (720p) for father's day this year.  The quality and zoom capability is great for filming a skier from the boat.  However, I took it to a tournament last weekend to film my kids and the quality was not so good.  The issue is the image stabalization when zooming in on objects at a decent distance.  So, my take is that if you only want it for filming your sets with the footage taken by an observe in the boat, it will work great.  I can post a sample vid tonight if you want it. 

I use a Canon D10 waterproof camera for filming skiing and for taking pictures of fish and corals in my aquarium. It takes great pictures and more then good enough video for hosting on youtube. i.e.

It has built in stabilization, and is basucally bulletproof, since I have used it on the beach, in the aquarium, dropped it dozens of times and basically treated it terrible and it still does a great job.

They cost less then $250 as well and are a great walking around camera too if you dont mind the size and color since it takes good pics in all conditions.

The downside is that it is kinda big and ugly and there is no lens protector.