Radar is making a nice glove

lkb

• Baller
I got some new Radar gloves. I think they are called Boas or maybe they are called Stradas. Anyway they have the zigzag cables on the back with the wheel you turn to tighten them up. They are the best gloves I have ever used. All the other gloves I have used had the velcro strap closure on the back of the hand which never worked good for me.

• Baller

This reminds me:  What's the difference between Amarid and kevlar?  Supposedly the "new" Talons have an Amarid palm, but the grip doesn't seem anywhere near as good the old "kevlar" Talons.

Both the Radar Strada (http://www.radarskis.com/strada_glove.html) and the Masterline K-Palm (which I borrowed for one set and seemed like a solid grip) also claim to have Amarid palm.

So are there types of Amarid or something??

I've seen those Boa gloves and they are pretty slick. I just can't stomach $80, even if they do last for a year or more.

Boa lacing has been around for a few years. You'll mostly find it used on snowboard boots and wakeboard bindings. It seems to be a pretty solid system. The snowboarder I know loves the technology and has never had a problem, and I've never seen a boarder limping home cursing a broken cable on his or her boots.

I could be off base, but I seem to recall the manufacturers had to stop using the name Kevlar for trademark infringement.

I've been searching for new gloves as well. Been using the Goode gloves, but they don't have my size in stock and don't plan on making any more this year. :-/

• Baller
I love these gloves too and they are true to size - I am a L.  They are tight when dry and perfect when wet - no stretching that I have noticed.  Maybe the dial helps with that.   I give these gloves two thumbs up.