“New School� is dead?

Horton

• Baller

But 1/3/5 and 2/4/6 already have names: odd and even.  And then we'd be right back to one of the sides having a pejorative name.  (Yeah, I had to look up how to spell that.)  "odd" is most typically used in a negative fashion in English -- at least as much so as "off."

So while I fully approve the solution of forcing everyone to the one true foot forward, I don't think it solves the problem at hand...

• Baller
I have wondered about that concept in the past.  Has anyone ever tried this experiment, a mirrored course?  I think it would be interesting if you could choose which side to run.  Would it make things more even in terms of getting equal "good side" turns?  As a RFF, I really only get to crank 2 and 4; the turn at 6 isn't really the same.  So a LFF gets 3 "good side" turns.  I think I would rather turn 1 ball on my "good side" to start the course.

• Baller_
As a RFF skier, the "good side" turn in for the gate is a real bonus. Every now and then if I'm spinning the island and returning to the starting dock, I'll go through the entry gate "backwards" just for fun, and it would take some practice to get as good of a start on the course if it was a$$-backwards.

• Baller

Something I feel is very worthwhile, is to free ski your moves, without the buoys breaking your concentration. If you are on a small Private Lake, as we are here in Orlando, the solution I came up with, is to pull out to the right, go through the entrance gates in reverse order, and mirror the course from the opposite side. It is amazing how your mind will free up your abilities to emulate your desired movements when the buoys are taken out of the equation. Same timing, same width, without the fear or added calculation concerning the buoys. I only wish, and I constantly strive, to bring my course skiing up to that level.

Regards,   ED

• Baller

Richard, Tate has done it for fun at his place and (IIRC) I belive the anchors are all still in place.  Wouldn't be to diffucult to do I wouldn't think.  Problem is, time.  Not to hang the buoys but to give the people who want to try it a shot at it.  That tourney is 3 event and multi-round per event.