Help with Pull Out timing

BCskiier

I would appreciate some help with pull out timing.

I usually ski on a course with pre gates and on holidays I am skiing on a course without pre gates. My timing on the pull out is all screwed up.

If I usually pull out when I reach the pre gates, what would my signal be from the balls of the course?

Thanks Grant

• Baller
We've got to do the tape, brick, rope, green ball thing too but in the interim there is another way. While standing outside the wake waiting to pull out spot the left gate ball and #5 ball. Somewhere around when they line up its time to go. Of course if your driver is not lined up all bets are off, so you need to get a feel for your distance from the gates as well. Make the 55 buoy.

• Baller

I ride just outside the wake lip and when the right hand gate ball and the 5 ball line up, I pull out. This is about one boat length from the 55s (the bow of the boat, not the skier). If you pull out at the 55s (skier at the green balls), then it's probaby more like the right gate ball and 3 ball. I'd go on the course with the 55s and as I pass the 55s, see what lines up in the course (don't bother to ski that pass, just figure out what will line up for you). It may be the right gate/3 ball, maybe the left gate 3 ball, don't know but that's how I'd figure it out. I learned well before 55s came into use, so the right gate/5 ball has always worked for me and I've had no reason to change it except under poor visibility conditions and then I just use one boat length before the 55s.

• Baller
Roger, maybe that's why I have so much trouble with my pull out. Left hand gate/5 ball works real good at 30 mph, but at 34 I always feel fast at the turn in. I will try the right gate.