196 hydra-gate

Andre

• Baller

There's a guy on my lake for 3 weeks with a really nice 09 196 with the 409.I skied his boat twice and the wake doesn't seem to be as nice as other recents 196 i skied.He doesn't have the hydra gate lever BUT told me the gate itself is install but it's in a fixed position.

Anyone have this set up and can you tell me where the gate should be for slalom,fully up or down?

Also,which prop should be on this boat for ultimate slalom wake and pull?

T.I.A.

André

• Baller

Prop should be Acme 4 blade 422

That doesn't sound right about the hydro-gate...

I guess the lever should be forward and the plate should be in the up position.

Check under the platform and inspect it yourself.

If it's not right, you'll know it for sure.

I was at a tournament 2 weeks ago and the driver forgot to change it out of trick mode.

Thankfully it was only practice.

• Baller
On the 196 the factory does put a fixed plate on the area where the true hydro gate would be for orders who do not include the option of the hydro gate. This plate is so-post to act as a non adjustable hydro gate . Now is the plate is in the same place the as the motion hydro gate that is something that only the factory would know. It may of been mounted a bit higher on the hull by mistake making the wake not as nice as the other 196's you have skied behind. The 6 LTR which is the 409 HP motor will add a bit of weight to the boat but not enough to affect the wake. Scarlet Arrow is correct about the prop size.