HO Coefficient X

Horton

• Baller

Horton,

I was looking for numbers on the HO website for this ski; but, I didn't see any.  I saw the nubmers you had posted.  The question I had was the site shows a fin that only has fore and aft adjsutment.  Is this true?  If so, did you mount your own adjustable fin box?  I don't see any binding numbers either.

Also, your numbers do not include a wing number.  Did you stay at 8 degrees like Asher's #'s or did you go wingless?

• Baller
Thanks for the input.  I am heading down to H2OZ in August to hopefully try a few skis and this one might be one of them.  Did you have a number for the binding placement?  Do you know if HO has tables for stock settings?  I have not been able to locate them on their site.

• Members
Got to demo a 67 inch co-x sl last week. Hard ski to describe, like Horton said it gets awesome angle with no effort, but turns got unpredictibly grabby @35 for me using Horton's #s. Maybe that could be adjusted for,but didn't have enough time to try messing with other settings. Turns kind of reminded me of my old Phantom.

• Baller
Interesting reading about this ski.  How sensitive is it to changing water conditions?  Reason I ask is because I ski in lots of different water types and I need something that works well in varying conditions.  I hated my Monza until I put a slot fin on it for this reason.  It would feel great in one lake and like crap in another.  Now it always feels good, but it's ready to be retired soon.

• Administrators

Depends on what you are looking for. First of all there are not many 55s left to be had. The 55 is super smooth and easy the ride. The CO-X is more for agressive skiers.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Chris, unfortunately due to low water levels we decided to drop our course for the winter yesterday.  Bummer, so I'll have to wait til spring to find out how I like th CoX.  I did demo a 67" (that was all that was available at the time) back in July and liked it.  I'm about 150-155 so I felt the 65" would suit better.  Honestly I waited until now looking for a deal on ski-it-again on the ski instead of springing for a new one.