Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Video of Chris Parish Running 2@43

MattP

• Baller
At least he did not get sucked in to the Goode world and switch to Powershells. Im sure Dave is dying to get him on them too so he can say they hold both mens and woman's slalom world records.

"At least he did not get sucked in to the Goode world and switch toPowershells. Im sure Dave is dying to get him on them too so he can saythey hold both mens and woman's slalom world records."

Yeah, but isn't that understandable?  I mean, if you were the manufacturer and someone using your product held (or just set) a world record, wouldn't you want to capitalize on that fact?  I know I would, even if all I manufactured was his socks!

TW

• Baller
Not to be bashing Goodes, but had he been riding a Radar Strada with the Strada boot he would have surely at least gotten 3@43 off not just 2. http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-laughing.gif

• Baller
It isn't Goode's performance anyone has bashed that I've seen, it's their lack of support when something breaks. Keep in mind that CP ran 1.5 @ 43 on 3 different skis; not so sure the ski is the main factor here http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-wink.gif

• Baller

Chris has run 1.5 at 43 on different skis, but tying the world record 2 straight rounds and breaking it on the 3rd is a diffenent story. I mean think about the average for the 4 tournament rounds over the weekend. 4.5 @41, 1.5@ 43 2x, and 2@43. Unreal. I have seen him ski a lot and he looks better on the Goode.

Now, will he be able to turn the insane scores on perfect water into pro tour domination in average to poor water conditions? Out of the 4 tour stops  and Worlds since switching to Goode he has one win and that was by a 1/4 or 1/2 buoy over Willy. (Correct me if I am wrong) He has always run the traditonal "pro" fin settings of deep and short. Will that shallow fin stay in in rough/rolly water? It will be interesting to see.

I am not banging on CP or Goode by the way. Unless you saw him in person last weekend you can't believe how good he looks on that ski.

• Baller
Scot, I don't disagree; however when CP ran back to back 41's last year on the Elite, much the same thing was said at the time about how easy it looked and how great he looked on that ski. He does look great on the Goode, no doubt about that. Better than on the Elite? I don't know... I've watched the videos of both and he looked awefully good (no pun intended) on both the Elite and the Goode. The ski is a factor for everyone, but CP is the bigger factor in this case in my opinion.

• Baller

Roger,

I absolutely agree that CP is the biggest factor. I was however lucky enough to be in the boat at Covington when he ran 41 on the Elite and when he ran it on the Goode. (I was the one videoing the 1.5 at 41 from last Labor day weekend that has be on Schnitz's site all winter) 

He did look great on both skis, (I actually bought and rode an Elite last summer after watching him) but he looks more comfortable to me on the Goode. Both will obviously work for him much better than the 2 years he spent on HO's BTW.

It should be a fun summer watching him, Willy, Rossi, Parsons, JB, and others battle it out!!!