Props to the Nautique 200

Boody

• Baller

We hosted a tournament this weekend and Russ Wilkinson brought his 200, beautiful boat.  I have never seen so many PBs set behind a boat, including myself.  I am a believer, the wake was non exhistent from -32 on (no troff) and pretty darn good from long line to -28.  Even the kids were setting PBs behind this boat.  Also loving the closed bow, the bench seat is huge compared to the open bow.  Yes, the rpms are high.

The boat drives amazing, actually tracks better than my 09 196.  The skier is not able to pull this boat around as much as my 196, it tracks better than any boat I have driven.  I know, can't really give the skier some a lot of "love", but this didn't seem to be a problem for the skiers setting PBs.

• Baller

Ed, the boat has the 5.7.   I agree with Boody, it was a real sweetheart of a boat.  Having the luxury of driving two different 200's, I will have to say that if your lake has a nice set up, the 5.7 is fine.  With our lake up here, with a shorter set-up, the 6.0 would be the better choice if pulling 58K skiers and also jumpers......OF

I wish I would have filmed Boody's -38 as it was a thing of beauty, it was textbook.....OF

• Baller
So did we... until the Big Dawg final last year. I was boat judge in the boat Becky was driving and it was a dog (not dawg) out of the hole. The other driver said the same. We had a 6.0 at our last tournament and it was better than the Big Dawg boats, but still slower to speed than the 5.7s we've had. I do agree that the 6.0 would probably be superior for jumping. As a slalom skier, I didn't feel much difference (other than out of the hole) between the two motors.

• Baller

We just had our first tournament on our lake at 5600'.  The 200 was rippin with the 6.0.  Plenty strong out of the hole, and up to speed well before the 55's on the 2000' lake.  As every one agrees, it tracks like a freight train, the cockpit visibility is much improved over the 196, and the wakes are non existent.  -39 was run behind it twice this weekend.

Many thanks to CC and Mike for providing the boat and hauling it over 200 miles each way to pull our tourney, and to MC and Jeff for bringing his over 300 miles.  Without the support of the manufacturers and the promo guys, our tournament would not have happened.

• Baller
I hope I get the chance to ski behind an SN 200. Some of the posts I saw on here about it were not very encouraging, but I am seeing more positive feedback all the time.  I am old school. I like a closed bow whether it is an MC, or a SN. The only Malibu I have skied behind was a 1993 Echelon. It was a nice boat to slalom behind. I got to see a SN 200 one on the showroom floor. The fit and finish, and upholstery were absolutely superb. I skied behind a 2006 SN 196 a few years ago at a clinic, and it had no wake at all.  Correct Craft has always been pretty good about getting new innovations to the market after they have worked the bugs out, so the customer does not have to deal with them. Does anyone know how fast the SN 200 goes from 0-36 with skier?

• Baller

For what it's worth...  My 9 yo son skied at 17.4, 19.3, and 21.1 MPH behind the 200 in slalom mode.   He came up on the dock and without prompting said. "that wake was the best ever!"     Any boat that can make a 9 yo slalom skier comment so positively and unprovoked about the wakes is something to take note of...

Todd

I take my 9 year old at 26 or 28 depending upon how he's feeling (I don't tell him) because the wakes are smaller and he's less intimidated.  He doesn't seem to have an issue with the speed (but then again we're not really allowed a course, so it's just free skiing).  He still does the double turn:  pull once out of the cut, ride it flat across the wake, pull again once he's crossed.  It would be worse if the wake were bigger.  Not sure where yours falls in the spectrum, but perhaps that might help him....

Jon

Not sure if anyone here is on planetnautique.com, but I sold my 200 OB promo at my tournament two weeks ago. My buddy's in-laws skied and she was sold after skiing it one time. They have an '06 MC now. The wakes alone sold it, but they also enjoyed driving it.

I have the 5.7 and cannot imagine needing more out of the hole. I have not used more than 3/4 throttle and that was only for a 220# guy. Usually 1/4 throttle gets everyone up. Have not tried the 6L so I cannot compare.

dave

• Baller

It sounds like some of the problems with the new SN200 were just a matter of making adjustments to the boat for higher altitude. Coming out of the factory it would be tuned to essentially run at sea level. The same thing could happen with cars too. I looked at one on the showroom floor. It has used some of the best design cues from past models. The only minor change I would make would be to shorten the sides of the windshield to make it easier for the driver to pick up a released trick rope, or grab on to the dock when docking. The stearn shape is very smart. I don't see any places where a rope can catch or snag when turning to pick up a skier. I like when the back seat is out and you have the storage compartment, and the steps up and down to the platform. I like the compartment for storing gloves and soap. It should fit on my boat's lift. I would have to measure the trailer and the boat to see if it would fit through the door on our garage for storage. I would be curious to drive it manually to see how it is for pulling barefooters, and beginner skiers who don't necessarily need to be on cruise control. I love the closed bow version. It gives the boat a very sporty look, and less vinyl to take care of.. The open bow version I looked at could seat 10. Any idea what the top speed is with the 5.7 or 6.0??