What is everyone using for a handle?

rq0013

• Baller

So I just had my first bad experience with Radar. I love the skis and bindings and decided to try their handle. I bought the handle in dec. for xmas and I used it for the first time at Bennetts a few weeks ago. The handle started off grippy but by day 3 it was extremely slippery. I washed it with soap, sanded it down and had the coaches look at it. They all thought it was junk. Radar wont replace it because it has a 30 day warranty from dec.. Im not too happy after spending $75 on it.  Im done buying things during the offseason thats for sure.

So I was wondering what everyone is using for a handle. The people at Bennetts like masterline. I was thinking masterline or the local proshop here has proline. What is a good handle these days?

I've been using the Accurate custom ARS handles for a few years now. The rubber is softer than most other handles and the grip is incredible with kevlar gloves. The softer rubber means the handle will wear down every 2 years or so depending on how many sets you ski, but its really rare for me to have the handle pop on a deep turn with the grip I get

• Baller
I got an Accurate handle for christmas this year and by now (maybe 20 sets) the rubber is significantly worn down. I have previously used In-Tow handles from Brenda and think they are fantastic and will last forever! I am definitely going to go back to those.

• Baller
Fav handle was a masterline about 3 yrs old, rubber extremely grippy; had to restring it and flip it to last an extra year cause it was to soft, but man what a grip; on a radar now! Love the lock gloves also; Eddie if u catch this thread please don't discontinue!

• Baller
The RS1 is great. I also tried a freestyler recently and liked it as well or better. Some college kids I ski with a bit are using them strung with spectra and swear they feel more "solid" at the finish of the turn. I didn't try as I have had some nasty elbow tendonitis and did not want anything with less give. Anyone else tried that set up?

In Tow with Spectra here.  Best handle ever.  The handle material is way better than any others.  It has really good grip, but isn't soft, so it wears much better.  I use the in tow ropes too, and they are great as well.