Mounting Fogman Releases to G10 Plate - Help!

jipster43

• Baller

I'm trying to mount my Fogman releases to the G10 plate, but the plate has double back tape where the screw mounts are and the releases have double back tape at the screw mounts.  Do I need to remove one of these layers of tape?  It seems like you'd only need one layer of double back tape, but I don't want to assume anything - especially when this is how each product came.

Thanks for any enlightenment available!

JP :)

• Baller
Seems to me the best solution is to mount the Fogman Bindings direct to the G-10 Plate and use Dual-Lock. The G-10 Plate plus the Fogman metal plate puts alot of material between your bindings and the ski. Also seems like that much material would limit the skis flex...EJ

• Baller

Thanks everyone!  I removed the tape from the G10  plate and kept the tape that the release units came with.  I didn't want to risk having the incorrect stack height where the release mechanism contacts the Fogman plate.  I used interlock between the G10 plate and the ski.  Everything works great and looks stealth. 

• Baller

Hey Richard!  I would love to enter the BOS/EZFin Challenge, but I haven't run a course in 27 years - not since we pulled the course in Lake Tapps (Sumner, WA) in '83.  I now live in Bozeman, MT where courses are mighty hard to come by, but I'm making some inroads.  But tournaments....  I would have to travel pretty far for that.  I am going to Utah Lake this week for the Marcus Brown Face to Face Clinics, so if he does his job right, I'll be cruisin' to all the tournaments available - unless I find out I totally suck in the course and need to pick up bowling.

What's happening in your neck of the woods with the Mapple tour?  I would love any info you have on that.  I still have lots of family and friends in the Seattle area, so I'm planning at least one trip there this summer.

• Baller

By the way, I had a pretty significant fall yesterday, but my Fogman's released.  I don't know what would have happened with another setup, but I was pretty happy with the way they released.  My ankle still tweaked a little bit, but a friend had a very similar fall a week ago in a set of Animals and broke his ankle.

• Baller
JP, I thought there was a new(er) site out near Manhattan about 20mi west of Bozeman.  And that being said how hard would it be to catch a set there Thursday June 24 around 1pm?  Give or take 20 mins.  Okay, any time that afternoon http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif

• Baller

JL - if I could gain permission to ski at Schutter's by the 24th, I would certainly give you a pull, but getting permission is kind of tricky.  I have a friend who skis there, but it took him a lot of time and effort to finally gain access.  I'm sure the owner gets lambasted with requests, so I'm hesitant to annoy him further, but I guess I have nothing to lose, so I'll make a concerted effort when I get back from Utah this weekend.

• Baller

No worries JP.  Don't ruin what you might gain in the future by trying to get me a ski ride.  BTW, the reason I asked is cuz I'm heading to a tourney in WY and was looking for a practice ride on the way down.  You could make that trip pretty easy if a tourney is in your sites soon.  Well easy compaired to me.  Also Helena is good time as far as tourneys go.  Neither are close but nothing is in our part of the ski world.