1999 Ski Nautique

slow

• Baller

I am looking at buying a second ski boat for a river lot I own. It will just be used for free skiing. I own a 2003 196 that I love. I have found a 1999 in great condition with a GT-40 engine, 600 hrs and perfect pass for $14,500.

I am curious about the wake on the 1999. Is it closer to the 2003 wake or a mid 1990's Nautique wake that I've skied behind that I didn't like so much( I think 1993 or 1994).  The boat is about 300 miles away, so I don't want to look at it unless is pretty comparable to the 2003 wake.

Thanks

• Baller
I own a 2002 196 and have a buddy with a 99. I can't tell a difference between the wakes. Both are top notch! Only thing I don't like is the sloped transom on the 99. Hard to get down into water with ski on. I refuse to hop because of how hard it is on the gelcoat platform attachment points (spider cracking) and on the ski.

• Baller

I have a 99 SN 196 with the Pro Boss EFI motor 665 hours,  my ski buddy has a 03 SN 196 600 hours.  I can't tell the difference in the wakes, very little if any.  Both have been extremely reliable and very well built.  Both great boats and I was a die hard MC guy until I skied 99 SN, I won't go back until MC fixes there rock hard monster wakes. 

Great boat.  Any distinctions among the wakes of the TSC, the TSC2, and the TSC3 are pretty miniscule.

At 36.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/buzzardbuoy/SNWakeat34.jpg

At 34

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/buzzardbuoy/SNWakeat36.jpg

At 32

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/buzzardbuoy/SNWakeat32.jpg

• Baller

I love this forum.  It's so nice to be able to discuss the different virtues of different boat makes and  years.  Part of my love of skiing is my love of boats.  I happen to be a Mastercraft owner, but I'd take a '99 196 in a heartbeat.  Heck.  I'd take any inboard from any era in a heartbeat!

JP :)

• Baller

The 1997-1999 was a great boat. I think the hull was the same on 2000-2001, but those years have the "Big N" graphics. The wake is slightly flatter than my 1994, but the slalom wake is very soft. Put a fat sac in the back and you have a great kneeboard boat too. If the boat is in good condition, and the bilge and engine are clean. Go for it. The PCM GT 40 is a great engine. I hear PCM begged Ford to sell them the mold for the block so they could keep building them. Ford said no. Put Perfect Pass Stargazer on board and you will be all set..