Whats the Word on the Goode Mid Ride

Stevie Boy

• Baller

EF,

I agree, put two lengthwise strips of 250 on each side of the ski, 4 total, and match that with 4 strips of 400 on the binding plate. This setup should work great for you.

You can order 250 & 400 from Schnitz at schnitzskis.com

GOODE LUCK,   ED

• Baller
Hi Guy,s  I,ve been watching some video of skiers goode skis,typically Dave Miller, Katrina Nowland, Nicole Arthur, etc . I was wondering if anybody else has noticed how the tip of their skis rides up after the turn, and then it comes down and they go, is this because of the rope length or is it a charastistic of the ski ?

• Baller

Scot 

I don't think that Rossi to the skiers mentioned is a fair comparison. While Rossi's tip does rise, the ski in general appears to continue its arc through the finish of the turn and into the wakes very cleanly. The skiers you mentioned (to me) appear to have more of a stall with the tip briefly rising/turning down course before completing the turn. Regina would be in that group as well.

I am not saying that it is the ski BTW. It is more likely what the skier is doing and/or fin set up. If you look at  CP, T Mo, and Parsons the tip stays down and keeps moving. Interesting 

• Baller
Like Scot, I think it's style and setup. I think a perfect example of that is TGas. if you watch the video on the main page, at the finish of the turn he looks very similar to Rossi. Tip comes up just a touch, but the ski keeps driving through the finish of it's arc and never stalls.  Then you have someone like Ben Favret or Regina who looks like they're riding a bucking horse the whole way down the course.  My ski partner skied with Regina a good bit and said she's always skied that way, though. Actually, what he said was "That girl's a hoss! She can hold onto anything!" So I don't think you can blame it on the ski. 

• Baller

So back in the fall I saw this ski for the first time on the water. (Hope he doesnt mind me talking about skiing, he has handcuffs.) Since then I have watched quite a few sets from the boat during the fall, January and the last two months. RFF skier running 38's easily on the ski.

I personally never saw any tip rise and in fact, the ski tends to move more fluid through the turn at 1-3-5. It never loses speed nor did it stall. It looks like it would be an excellent ski for 34mph as it never seemed to over-decelerate but was plenty of fast with hip-to handle input as needed.

There definetely seems something to this ski and increases the surface area that's for sure. I was very intrigued looking at it as well as watching buoys run on it. It might be ideal for a mid-tall skier who is lean but not too heavy. That's my gut feeling after watching a bunch of guys ride the WR vs the Mid and standard 9900.