Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Strada Numbers

Stevie Boy

• Members
Chris R.,Eddie,or Richard, would like to demo a strada, what size would you recommend. I'M 185LBS 6'1" Average 2@38 @34mph. Ski on a 67.25 Goode 9800 currently. Also, same question regarding "strada 55. Thanks.

I saw Rossi's post about binding & fin adjustments for skiers using a RTP. I use a Venom front binding and RTP and can only adjust my FB in 1/4" increments; any recommendations as to whether to move forward the 1/4" or stay @ 29.5" (for a 67" 2010 Strada). I'm skiing @ 32 mph and in choppy conditions the tail of the ski wants to slide around a lot and I'm having trouble finding settings that feel comfortable. I don't understand binding placement very well, but it seems moving forward may have the opposite effect of what I want. Can leaving the FB @ 29.5" (stock) but moving the RTP help the tail slide?

I just picked this ski up a couple of weeks ago and have been playing with different "stock" numbers (Radar's website, Rossi's posts in this thread, Deanoski's posts (not necessarily stock, but we have a similar build)) but have only found 1 set that was marginally comfortable. Those were 29.5, 2.495, 6.84, .77, & 9 deg. In the video below the water was about 10 deg warmer and I didn't notice the tail slide.

Then:

Now:

Any recommendations?

Thanks! Like I said, it's probably more skier than ski, but what if......

Chris,

9 deg

I tried to adjust the stock numbers based on your comments for skiers using a RTP ( I can only move my FB in 1/4" increments). The tail of the ski feels very loose and slides around more than what it did in the first video; I can't tell if its skier, cooler water, or what. Thanks for your input; it's much appreciated!

Chris,

I set up my ski to the numbers you posted above & tried to focus more on keeping my tip down. Things felt a lot better, but as you can see from the video, I still have a lot of tip rise. Is there any merit to moving my front boot to 29.75" but leaving my RTP where it is? I usually move them together. Thanks a lot for the help!

I donated to Horton's tip jar, but feel like I should donate to yours as well! Like @Bruce55 said, it is awesome to be able to speak directly to the guys who are designing and riding these products; providing us with your time and patience is truly fantastic and much appreciated!

Chris,

I set up my ski to the numbers you posted above & tried to focus more on keeping my tip down. Things felt a lot better, but as you can see from the video, I still have a lot of tip rise. Is there any merit to moving my front boot to 29.75" but leaving my RTP where it is? I usually move them together. Thanks a lot for the help!

I donated to Horton's tip jar, but feel like I should donate to yours as well! Like @Bruce55 said, it is awesome to be able to speak directly to the guys who are designing and riding these products; providing us with your time and patience is truly fantastic and much appreciated!