Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

For Sale - 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 205

RichardDoane

• Baller_

$12,500.   Great condition, 1380 hours, comes complete with the original "safety top", custom towing cover, winter bimini, 2 heaters, shower, Stargazer, single axle disc brake trailer with heavy duty tires and fresh leaf springs, spare tire & bracket, CC center seat, recently upgraded fuel sender, tune up, carb o/h, seat cushon skins, pylon extension w/ WB rack, I'll even throw in the "tubes" and tow ropes.  Free delivery within 500 miles of Seattle, after that it's $1. per mile.  email Richard@BurienAutoRepair.com, or 206 242 9558.  Of course I have lots of pictures if interested !

• Baller_
That MC would be a perfect boat for a ski club, or group, that needs an additional boat for a reasonable cost.  Maybe as an "extra" boat to be left at a ski site, for those who also live on public water somewhere but get their course time at a private site.   It's a "turn key" deal.

• Baller

Because I have skied behind this boat and driven it for years, I can just add a couple of things.

Engine and bilge look brand new, none of the scum and rust you see on older boats.

Runs as good as any boat without fuel injection.

Other than spray once you get to -35, skis as well as any boat out there.

OF

If you do ebay, try a buy it now with best offer listing with no auction.  I listed my 205 in a lot of places, but no place (apart from the MC forum) got more views than ebay.  I had an offer I could accept by the end of the week, but ultimately declined it to sell to a nice Canadian guy.  Like Bulldog said, nice MC's like this are a little harder to come by in Canada.  Importing it is no problem.  I met my buyer half way (St. Louis).  I guess he didn't think my penmanship was too good though.  He asked if he could fill in the price on the bill of sale. 

• Baller
Why would someone risk jail for 5% GST on a bill of sale? It is only $500.00 on 10K, if someone is going to the trouble of importing a boat it makes no sense to risk a fraud charge for that small amount of money.

"Do Better..."

• Baller
Thats right - its worth the risk when you are at the boarder after driving for two days and the guard is telling you to go into the little room at the back so they can go over every piece of paper work and compare it to the market price. I work with someone that tried it on a truck thinking they would not notice, he was very wrong. The Canadian boarder guards have you by the short ones and guess what? They have all of the power to hold you up. Its like not taking a taxi when your loaded and then having to blow for the police..... how much would you pay at that point to cab home? Only a fool would try this scam.

"Do Better..."

• Baller
Going across the border may be different (might not chance it).  But here in WA state the sales tax blows if you ask me.  Say I'm the third owner of a '70 Chevelle SS 454.  The guy who bought it new paid tax on it.  Then the second owner paid tax again when he bought it and now I have to pay tax again when I buy it & go to license it.  That's complete double, tripple etc etc dipping on the governments part if you ask me.  And the tax I pay is probably more than what the first owner payed for the complete car new.

I personally wouldn't risk it.  I paid all of the sales tax on the boat I bought here in Texas after I sold the MC.  It was an individual transaction and fudging the numbers would have been easy.  I didn't like coughing up that extra dough, but I wasn't about to sign anything but the truth under penalty of perjury.  Ran me about an extra $1,400.

As for the guy who bought my boat, assuming he wrote something inaccurate, I doubt he went too low.  I sold it to him for well above NADA value.

• Baller
Sales and transfer taxes go to the state with local county participation in most jurisdictions. So you can blame your neighbors who drive on roads, want fire and police departments, and schools with teachers for their kids. These fees are part of the cost of buying a boat, just like gas and a new ski every year.

Is that where all the money goes. I thought it just paid for digging waterski lakes. I guess the indoor 50 million rain forest in Iowa and the earth day celebration going on today is free. Dont tell me we dont have any money. I dont mind paying taxes but when they nic and dime us to death on all the hidden crap it makes me want to drink tea. Just wait for the cap and trade tax on the carbon your boat produces.    

I'll attest for Richard his boat is spotless I only trust Richard to SVC our vehicles and boat!! Once we start seeing the sun here in WA State this boat will be gone, so anyone on BOS that is thinking of it dont just do it you wont be disapointed... I skied behind it a week ago and had a blast thanks again RD!!

• Baller_
Sold it this past week, thanks to a Craigslist posting in Minneapolis/St. Paul ( MS - thanks for the tip). The boat is headed to Montana, then on to Colorado with the new owner. I'll be sad to see my reliable training partner head out in the morning to go skiing without me ! I put about 1000 hours on that boat and it never let me down, I hope the new boat does as well.