NEW Goode MID-Ride

Ed_Johnson

• Baller

Anyone tried the new Goode Mid-Ride, a cross between the Regular and Wide-Ride, and what were your impressions? I switched from the Regular to Wide-Ride two seasons ago and absolutely love it.

Would really like to hear from someone who has already skied the Wide-Ride.

Thanks in Advance,  ED

• Baller

Ed, I was lucky enough to get to try the mid ride starting in October of last year and have been switching between the mid and wide for the last 20 sets. I have approximately 10 sets under my belt on the mid ride and can say that this ski has serious potential.  When I say poetential, I mean potential to replace my wide ride.  With that being said, I get a little attached to a ski, so everytime I take a set on the mid ride, I feel a little like I am cheating on my girlfriend, as I have been though a lot with my wide ride, had some success and spent some late nights at the lake with her, so considering another ski is a real big deal.

NIck Parsons jumped on a mid ride last October and set a new personal best, twice, in a 3 round R turnament with 3 @ 41.  The ski is increadible.  The main difference between the mid and wide, is the mid carries more speed through the turn and allows you to change edges earlier coming into the buoy, without feeling like it wants to intiate the turn to early.  As the line gets shorter, I feel that this is important as I want the ski to carry out to the buoy and advance on the boat without wanting to turn.

I will continue to switch between both skis and see which one give me the most advantage to post the best score.  I believe anyone on a 9900 SL would get a big benefit from going to the mid ride.  Going from a wide to a mid, depends on skiing style and what you want a ski to do.

I would encorage you to try the mid ride, as it may be just the ski to take you to the next level.  It sure is nice to have the option.

I hope this helps.

Jeff Milford

• Baller

Jeff.

Thanks for the response. I just can't tell you how addicted I am to my Wide-Ride and have set numerous PB's on it. I doubt I could ever ski on a Regular Ski again after two seasons on it.   I recently tried a new Strada for a week.. While I am sure it is a Great Ski it just felt very different and I could not get it to turn or accelerate anywhere close to the WR. I don't blame the Strada for this but feel I have now developed my whole skiing style around the WR and any normal size ski would now feel tooooo different.

Thanks Again,  ED

• Baller

Not sure what factory spec are. Here are the numbers I am using on my 66 Mid:

Bindings - 29 7/16

lenth - 6.875

depth - 2.50

tail - .754

we have tried a bunch of different settings and I have found that these work the best.

Good luck!

Thanks , I will give those settings a try.  The factory told me to set them at 29 1/8th and that the fin was sent factory.  I havent had a chance yet to measure the fin, but will check that tonight after work.  I had initially set them at 29 5/8th and was getting "thrown" over the front of the ski at the turn. It was just burying on me and couldnt turn at all.  So I am anxious to move them back and give them a try.  I will probably try both settings and see how each works.  I am a bigger guy at 6'1" and 212 pounds.  So might need them back a little farther than a smaller guy?  Thanks for your help. dave

• Baller

Have had some time to play on the internet tonight. Just looking around at stuff and read the Goode advertisement for the Mid on the front page of BOS. I thought the comment attributed to Dean Drozd was interesting. I ski in the same region as Dean and am sure he has been running 38 since about 1994. He must have been skiing a lot in Dallas this winter to have run more on the Mid than any other ski. Wink

No need to defend Goode Scot. I am sure it is a great ski. I just think advertising is funny.