Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Mounting Fogmans on an Elite

jipster43

• Baller

I've got a super purdy O'brien Elite that I'd like to throw some Fogmans on, but I don't want to drill any holes into such a pretty ski.  Is there another way to mount the Fogmans using Interlock?  Would the ski perform just as good?  Or should I just pick up the drill?!  What about adapter plates?  Are there any made for this exact kunundrum?

Thanks again fer all yer help!  I'd be a mess without this site.

JP :)

• Baller

JP,

THere are adapter plates made for Fogmans so you dont have to drill.

They are similar to the Goode Uni Plate.  It is a G10 plate held on to the ski by dual lock (250-400), and the release units mount on that plate, so the Fogman system releases the way it was intended.  I have my Fogmans set up on my ski that way right now.

Give me a call and I will get you all the details.

Thanks
TS

H2Oproshop.com

tad at h2osmosis dot com

• Baller
I have a size 9 adapter plate I will sell you for $100. I also have a spare set of release units you could use on it for sale as well. I also have a complete size 9 Fogman setup for sale if you’re interested. Jamie

• Baller

Thanks everyone for all your help!  I have a lot to think about.  I definitely appreciate all your responses here Tadd.  I'm going to go to your website and buy my new vest there while I'm mulling everything over.

JP :)

• Baller

Hey, not sure if anyone would be interested, but I do have some Demo'd Elites here, still look perfect, that I can sell for $1200, if anyone wants one.

Let me know

Thanks
TS

tadd at h2osmosis dot com.

H2OProshop.com

I have a Fogman adapter plate made out of 0.093" G-10.  The release units mount to the plate, then the plate mounts to the ski using 3M double sided automotive trim tape (the same stuff that goes underneath the release units).  When you are ready to remove the plate from the ski, simply heat the plate up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive, then gently peel the plate from the ski.