Vests

454SS

• Baller

Tadd,

I have been following this a bit and considering joining in. I do have a bit of concern about the fit. I have tried on a few Eagle vests and found the large front zip to be very tight on me. (6'1" and 175) I wonder that if they are adding padding with the same cut, is it not going to be even tighter?

• Baller
I found the Eagle vests run at least 1 size small.  I bought a front zip large from Tadd (the size I have always skied in), and the zippers didn't come close to even touching each other, much less zip up.  I changed to an XL rear zip and it fits like a glove.  Tadd even sent me the new one before he had the old one back.  Whatever you end up getting, be sure to get it from Tadd!

• Baller

Scott,

I checked with Eagle and they said it may fit a "tad" tighter (Eagles words, not mine), but they didn't think it would be too noticeably different from the normal/standard vest fit.

And yes, they do run probably a size smaller than other vests.  They are made to fit very snug, and they will stretch.  Eagles rule of thumb is that the first few times you put the vest on, you will need to suck in your gut, but after some useage, it will zip easier and fit better.

Scott, maybe going with with an XL would be a good idea, unless after some useage, the large you have fit better.  If you are interested, get me your chest and waist measurement so we can make sure.

Dwolters, being that this is a "custom" order, if you get it and it doesn't fit, it would be hard to take back, but I dont want you to have something that you couldn't use, so I would work with you on it for sure.  That being said, I will do my best and get as many measurements as possible to make sure this doesn't happen.  Again, when you first get the vest, it will be very very tight.  But it will stretch after useage.

And marco, thanks for the shoutout.  Good to hear, makes it all worthwhile.

Let me know if anyone else is interested.

Thanks

TS

H2Oproshop.com

tadd@h2osmosis.com

• Baller

Last I checked, 44" chest and 34 waist.  My eagle vest may actually be a XXL, I can't remember.  Haven't started skiing yet, and I misplaced my vest after rupturing my achilles last September.  Better ask the wife what she did with it...