PP 6.5 issues

Old MS Accout

We are using a 90s Mastercraft and the PP modual is mounted underneth the passenger seat on the wall that seperates the cockpit. When we go over small waves or back wash, the unit will shut down and then power back up on the way to the 55s. Is there a sensitivity device on the unit that we can adjust?   

Mark, have you checked the little clip on the power wire at the module.  I routinely broke these off by mistake when I went through a slew of SG modules last year.  Sounds like you're either losing contact at the module or the gauge.  A friend of mine used to get false triggers on the smart timer when he'd cross the wakes going back into the course.  For that, he'd just press ^ to reset everything.

easttx,

The whole system blacks out,  then powers back up. It does happen when we cross the wakes after circling the island. I looked at all the conatcts and no problems there. It powers back up on its own and goes right into what ever speed and mode it was set at to begin with. The wall its mounted to is pretty flexable and I know there is some movement there when we hit some bumps. It is about 1/4 inch plexi fiberglass wall that it is mounted on. Maybe I need to find a solid mounting place for the unit, but there is not much wire room to work with. Would the floor work?

Richard,

I will first try to do your trick prior to moving it all.

Thanks 

I was thinking of taking off the throttle knob and putting my 196 under it, but with 55f water, I will wait another week and ski behind the MC.      

We are going to remount the box under the seat. I think its getting to much vibration from that flex board when we cross back over the wakes. At that point, I can get a good look at the whole set up. I skied behind our club boat 06 rlxi last night. I need to break out my boat before I fall back in love with 6.5.