NO FIN

• Baller
Whats up Adam, I've never tried it, I don't feel New England summers give us enough "wiggle room" to play with stuff as much as other people, however, I have heard of alot of 55k skiers who perfer to not have one when skiing. I heard it gives you more speed (obviously).

hmm - I'd try w/o bindings first...  I've read that you should get your bindings right before working on fin setup - maybe that holds for when you start tossing parts too :)

• Baller

My fin snapped  off coming out of 3 ball and it was scary, I had no control over the ski at all.

Then again if you watch edged and see the course being run on  the "barracuda" then I bet someone could do it.

I'll take the bet!    But it'll be mid to late May before  I "will" do it.

Plan A - 22 mph, 75ft line, MPD 68" (subject to revision)

Plan B - Increase or decrease speed to find maximum edge holding combination.

Plan C - add 15' to rope length (you said "any length").

I have no doubt what so ever.

"Double or nothing" - that I do it within the first two passes.......and without any previous slow speed practice.

John M.

• Administrators
Back in the early days of fin adjsuting I was in the boat when the great JD "Turbo" Wisbang (Ellis) lost a fin on the way to one ball. Seems he adjsusted it and did not tighten. The edge change was HUGE! He has been goofy ever since.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

A few years back, we had a contest to see who could run all six on an old Cypress Gardens wooden ski with no fin and no bindings.  One of us (not me) was able to complete a pass at around 17mph.  No one tried shorter than 15 off.  I think having bindings may have helped...