Radar Lock Gloves

Horton

• Administrators

After a day of editing web sites, I had to go to UPS to get the Radar Lock gloves I ordered for Dawg. I wanted to review the gloves for you guys, but I am not skiing this time of year. Instead of skiing, I wore them while I drove across town and while I had a snack in front of the tube.

The first thing I found is that it is nearly impossible to fish your keys out of your pocket with the Lock gloves on. Once I got to driving, I found the grip in the steering wheel was pretty good, but the dowel makes the stick shift a little weird. If you are going to use these gloves for driving, you may want to go automatic.  lockWRX.jpgLockStick.jpg

Working the remote with the gloves was ok but not great. I would not recommend it. On the other hand, I expected the use of chopsticks with the gloves on to be an issue, and it was not. If there is any glove that I would recommend for eating Asian cuisine, it is the Radar Lock.  

LockRemote.jpgLockChop.jpg

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
How do these compare to the HO clutch or Clinchers?  Any idea?  I have been on Clinchers for about 6 years.  I tried the HO clutch, didn't like it at all.  Does this new Radar glove have a palm strap?  Actually, the HO Clutch and this one look almost identical.

• Baller

Anyone have the radar/ho lock gloves try the masterline pro locks.  I'm looking for size comments as I have pair of the large ho locks and they get a bit loose and am wondering how they fit compared to the ml prolocks.  Anyone with knowledge, I'm looking for suggestions. thanks

• Baller

tru jack

Just ordered and receive 3 pairs of Masterline one of them is a Pro Lock model.

Always used medium in all brands and the medium Pro Lock is perfect for me.

Really not sure i gonna use them, the straps and dowels feels really bizarre!

FWIW i've never use those kind of gloves and that's why i ordered 2 pairs of the K-Palms model,my all time favorite style of gloves!

• Baller

To qualify this; I wear Clinchers (size small).  I have shorter fingers and I like a tight fitting glove; especially in this type of glove because I need my fingers all the way to the end of the glove finger.  Otherwise, the dowels and strap don't function correctly (for me).  I tried on the Pro Locks and the Radars at Performance Ski and Surf about a month ago.  I bought the Masterlines as they were way more comfortable (for me) and fit better (for me).  I bought mediums in Pro Lock gloves.  The Radar glove was too tight in the size I need to get my fingers all the way to the end of the glove finger.  Hope this helps.

• Baller

Andre, the ProLocks (Clinchers) take some time and experience getting used to.  When you first put them on they feel totally weird, kind of like boxing gloves.  Once you've skied a few sets with them to see how they feel on the handle under tension you'll understand how they work.  You gotta give them a chance, unlike any other gloves out there.  Most people love them or hate them, no in between.  In my experience the majority of haters haven't given them enough time to get a feel for them, or they just prefer a "normal" type glove anyway.  Give them some time before making a decision that you do or don't like them.  FWIW I've skied in Clinchers (and now ProLocks) for probably 20+ years and I won't even consider a regular glove, these just work too well to switch.

Ed

• Baller

thanks guys, so I think I'll need some mediums.  Andre, where did you get yours from?  I'm in Canada, but will be heading to Fla at the end of Feb, so I can have them shipped to my destination, unless you have a good line on them in Canada.

thanks

• Baller

I've run clinchers a very long time, too.  I find added benefits beyond the effortless grip in that they last far longer for me than a standard pair of gloves, and my hands get far less torn up (though I do still wear liner underneath).

• Baller

I switched from the Radar gloves with the dowel to the clinchers last year. I was wearing larges which were a little big and moved to medium pro-locks. I always had trouble with my hands getting torn up and I skied all last year with the clinchers with no problems at all. I love the gloves and even though they aren't worn out I am going to order a back up pair for this year.

I didn't have any real trouble making the transition to the clinchers. Saving my hands from getting torn up makes it all worth it. I don't even wear liners under them. I do still duct tape when going to ski school.

• Baller
It's been mentioned elsewhere, but I figure it doesn't hurt to spread the word - you have to size your clincher-type glove as tight as possible. Any extra fabric at the fingertips will affect your ability to let go of the handle in a decidedly negative fashion. I missed a couple of months last summer due to a torn rotator cuff caused by such an incident and I'm still in rehab for it. JP :)

• Baller

I put a rubber band around the webbing at the base of the fingers. This holds the webbing against the palm of the hand and greatly improves the releasing characteristics of the Clinchers or Prolocks.

I can hang on too hard to some hits. My back and shoulders suffer for my poor judgement to hang on when I really should let go. With my rubber bands on the Clinchers, I can let go any time I want. But that extra ball is an addiction.

Eric

• Baller

I trick in those gloves! They are cheap and grippy. Also there is no velcro to scratch your back when wrapping up.

These garden gloves hold well enough to slalom effectively.

I actually use the Home Depot style - and after I've used them for work first. Really cheap!

Eric