Who is more currupt? Ill Or LA?

Horton

The top tax bracket is 48%. But if you take into account our retail sales tax which is up to 13% depending on which province you live in, your purchasing power is about .39 cents per dollar earned, which roughly equates to your buddy's statement.

Then, if you factor in the dollar exchange rate, Horton's $700 ski is costing me $833. To pay for that I need to earn about $1,650 if I sneak it across the border. If Horton ships it to my house, I would need to gross about 2G's.

I question whether that's worth the "free" health care.

That being said, I'll give serious consideration to John's offer. My only reluctance is that I want to try before I buy and I'm not heading south again until April.

Scott

It will make it that much quicker for me to move south. LA. may be corupt, but a guy like Franken would be pistol wipped and tied to the fence pole in that state. The problem is, the guy that was running agianst him (coleman) is a looser lefty that turned fake righty and was acting like a righty. In MN, if you are a righty, you need to be one, not up the middle. But this Frankinstein guy has some huge issues. He is mean, ugly, perverted and a failed Air America clown that owes back taxes in 4 states. He will come in, raise my taxes and then leave town skipping out on his own tax bill. To be honest, he will fit right in with all the looser polititions we have here.

• Baller

Gentleman, our founding fathers have built this country on the populace vote. How dare ye turn against the peoples.

The southern Canadian Minnesooota peoples have spoken.

http://www.novatownhall.com/blog/graphics/franken_diaper.jpg

• Baller
Hey now - Louisiana WAS corrupt - Illinois passed us a long time ago - besides, we've got a straight shooter in the governor's office now.  Louisiana has some of the toughest ethics laws on the books.  If we could give New Orleans to another state (what about it, Mississippi?), we'd be squeaky clean.

• Administrators
Say whatevery you want.... as long as it is not in a thread that is really about skiing. :-)  MS, you are not on Probation at the moment but it is a new year.