Karina Nowlan - BallOfSpray Interview

Horton

• Administrators

Karina Nowlan has agreed to do a BallOfSpray Interview.  As with previous interviews I will integrate some questions from you guys. So what do you want to ask Karina?

http://www.stoneypark.com.au/events/images/karina_world-record_01.jpg 

As always ….. please behave yourselves.  

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Wow!  I can't wait to see some of these responses.

This question is just sort of personal interest and it applies to all of the professional women.

Have you ever skied at 36 MPH in practice?  If so, how well did you ski it?  Similar to LPGA players playing on the PGA tour, do you think you could ever compete with the men at 36 mph?  Obviously she can compete at a BIG Dawg level. 

• Baller

Does she focus on any key areas as she sets out to ski a competition round?

What were the keys to her becoming so consistent at the 38 and 39.5 passes?

What does she do for a break from skiing?

You ski so differently from the other women on the tour.  I hate to use the "theory" word but what is your theory behind your approach to slalom.  Or, another way to state it is, "I do X, which allows me/the ski to do Y, which results in Z"

• Administrators

AB,

If the BallOfSpray budget included a flight to Oz I would get plenty of photos. The more you buy from Ez-Ed, H2Oz -Tadd and Reflex the better the budget. Otherwise I think I can draw some stick figures.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Yes...we are getting off track, but both of the 9800's I have owned felt like they gave out quick. I owned 91-93-95-9700 series skis and rode most for 2 seasons each. My 98's felt tired after a month or two max.

Now back to the Karina questions!

sj

• Baller_

Questions:

What attributes do you evaluate and rate as important on your ski or equipment choices?  JTH, you can use your IST category breakdown for the list of attributes.  How many ski's do you go through in a season?  Why do you use those bindings, what performance, fit, safety elements are important to you? 

What is your training regiment?  Who is your coach, what does he/she focus on to help you the most?  What is your diet, do you feel it is important to maximize your performance.  What non skiing training do you use?  Mental training program?  What is your approach to an event when the weather is bad, how much caution do you use?

How do you go about getting your sponsorship?  Do you have a media package?  What PR do you do?  As a "pro" water ski athlete, do you think about this aspect of the sport?  Do you feel it is important?