BallOfSpray Interview - Adam Cord (Marketing Manager @ O’BRIEN)

Horton

• Administrators

Adam Cord is the Marketing Manager at O’Brien so if you have ever had questions about the inner workings of the water ski industry go ahead and ask. I happen to know that Adam is an engineer so if you have questions about ski design or manufacturing are great also. 

I want you guys to drive these interviews so get me some good questions.

Just a reminder. We are going to collect a bunch of questions here and then I will conduct the actual interview off line.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

1..Would O'Brien consider sponsoring some 34mph Big Dawg skiers as opposed to/in addition to professional skiers?  Or, would O'Brien consider putting product with specific 34mph skiers at a discount to get their product greater exposure with that group of skiers?

2.  How does input from their sponsored skiers eventually find its way into the designs of their skis?  How do competitive products affect their design- are they analyzed and tested by O'brien personnel / skiers?

• Baller

Do you view the high end ski market as a profitable segment. Or do you use the high end to create a brand to sell more of the low end high volume higher margin equipment.

How do you view the introduction of the Warp 8. Obviously at $3000 they have set a whole new price point. Is there really more to gain by going to top end materials and construction, or is it a gimic?

Does resin transfer molding yield a significant reduction in the amount of rejected skis that must be scrapped? Would that decease in waste eventually bring down the price of the product?

(and the one question that I would never expect to be answered)

What is the material of a Sixaam or Elite?

Why in the world would you ever ask a question that you didn't expect to be answered?

Oh, wait... I think I know.   My first wife was hard of hearing, so every night I'd ask: "So do you wanna go to sleep, or what...?

And she'd say: "What?" 

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/ThomasWayne_2006/EarHorn.jpg

TW 

• Administrators

Ok TW,

Fair comment but cut me some slack. We are going to gather questions, I am going to edit, add some of my own and see what we get. Some questions may not get answered but across the intervews I hope to extract some answers that are unexpected.

This thread is about the Adam Cord interview. I will delete the future comments about the interview process. Feel free to talk about it in the thread titled  BallOfSpray Interviews http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=806&page=1#Item_10

I am trying to do something interesting here .... Ask MS.... I will delete . . . .

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can