INT League Is Hiring!

Horton

• Administrators
INT LeaguePress Contact: Jacqueline StocksP.O. Box 359Black Diamond, WA 98010  November 6, 2008 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEjac@intleague.com360-886-9151

INT League Is Hiring! 

The INT League is hiring state coordinators for the 2009 season. INT is looking for outgoing, self motivated, disciplined individuals who would like to join the INT family. If you are a success minded, family orientated, water sports enthusiast who is financially secure and looking for an opportunity to build your own rewarding part time business INT would like to speak with you.

The INT League is a national program which hosts waterski, wakeboard, wakeskate and kneeboard events, and concludes each season with a US Championships. INT works to promote national and local sponsors and drives the growth and development of water sports.

INT’s grass roots program partners the INT coordinators with people and companies who support water sports; as well as providing classroom and field training to help you as you establish your state’s tour. INT is a simple turn key marketing and promotion system to hosting events. INT provides you with the tools you need to host successful tournaments.

INT is looking for applicants in Florida, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Michigan, West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and Hawaii to host waterski, wakeboard, wakeskate and kneeboard tournaments.

INT attributes a great deal of their success in the water sports industry to the committed, hard working team of State Coordinators. All of whom have joined the INT family because of their desire to provide families with a safe, family friendly, fun place to be together, compete, and enjoy each others company.

INT is looking for people who want to be a coordinator for more then one season, invest in water sports, and make an impact in their community. Applicants must have proficient computer skills; capable of using excel, word, email, and simple graphics programs.

Hiring takes place in November and December, the training weekend is in January. After New State Coordinators have signed their State Coordinator Contract and paid the contract fee; they come to Seattle for a three day training seminar. They learn all of the administrative components, how to use Mr. Judge, INT’s Nationally Consistent Scoring Program. Rookie coordinators learn how to market their tour, how to involve local dealers, how to run an INT event, and how to score waterskiing, wakeboarding, wake skate and knee boarding. 

State Coordinators are contractors representing the International Water Sports Organization (IWSO-INT League). As a State Coordinator you will enjoy the many rewards of having your own business affiliated with the water sports industry. Your job is to provide and produce fun events across your state. You will do that by meeting and working with ski clubs, lake owners, municipalities, local dealers, area representatives, national sponsors and competitors. For all your efforts, you will be rewarded with both financial and emotional rewards.

If you think you are this individual please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your water sports and business experience and why you are interested in becoming a state coordinator to fun@intleague.com or PO Box 359 Black Diamond, WA 98010. For more information, please visit the website http://www.intleagues.com/partners/state-coordinators.

About the INT League

The INT League is a marketing and promotional company that hosts amateur and pro waterski, wakeboard, kneeboard, and wake skate tournaments nationwide. For more information please see the INT website at www.intleague.com.

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
It would be interesting to hear the viewpoint of current / former State Coordinators to determine what the upside is.  I was approached by Rick back in 1996.  I ran a pretty successful NSL tour in NW Louisiana and NE Texas.  The upfront costs of INT didn't make business sense to me at that time.  Under the NSL program, I was able to gather sponsors, enlist sites, obtain promo boats, direct mail skiers thru AWSA mailing lists (as well as boat dealer's lists), collect entry fees and the only upfront cost to me was the sanction fee ($20) and my time.

I was the coordinator for MI for several years.  If someone wants to know of my experience, I will tell them.  However, everyone has their own experience and mine is not typical. 

The INT has a great mission and it suceeds in bringing in a lot of new people into the sport.  Here in MI, a good percentage of the newer blood in the AWSA tournaments are INT'ers that "graduated."  I still get a lot of requests to take it back again so younger kids and whole families have a better experience getting going.  The reason for this is:

Green buoys (13' inward of reds)
Wakeboarding (everyone can participate, even non-slalom)
Mulligans
Non-technical and understandable rules
Easy entry into judging and other support activities

My career path changed so I travel constantly, and the position requires a lot of time and effort.  AWSA tournaments require less up-front time and cost, but take more structure with officials.  I really enjoyed running INT tournaments, but cannot dedicate the time right now.

E-mail me for my phone number if anyone wants to talk.

• Baller

The NSL tournaments I ran were very similar in nature to the fledgling INT League.  We had our own handicapped scoring system that allowed the skier to move up in levels without becoming uncompetitive.  The levels were well determined and easy to comprehend.  Mulligans were allowed for the lower levels as well as the "mini" course (green buoys).  Since the tournaments were sanctioned as Class "F", we weren't held to the same standards as other AWSA tournaments.  That said, we always tried to provide a "Class C" environment (tolerances/driving) for the skier so when he "graduated" to AWSA tournaments, it would shorten the learning curve. 

I applaud the efforts of the INT League in general and the State Coordinators in particular.  There is no doubt that the INT has provided growth opportunities beyond that of USAWS.