2009 Ski Test and some miscellaneous ramblings

Horton

• Administrators

I will be getting up at 4AM tomorrow to catch a flight to Charlotte NC for SkiTests. This is a little funny considering that the tests will be done in Charleston SC. My travel agent does not know the difference between Charleston and Charlotte or is a drunk or something like that. You can laugh….. I have to.

Tadd from H2oz is the kingpin for the tests this year and I am very happy to pass the torch. Tadd has the benefit of hearing my stories about everything I did plus he has his own set of ideas. I have very high expectations for the 2009 review. I can hardly wait to try the new O’Brien and the Goode WideRide. Those are the only two skis that I have never seen up close. More importantly I get to really be a test skier!

To get ready for the tests, I changed skis a few days ago. Having not skied on my lucky old MPD in 6 months I thought I should dust it off and round some balls. As expected, I could not run a pass first try on the MPD after months of skiing on a Prophecy. (These skis are SO different) 3 or 4 rides later I am thinking that skiing on the Prophecy made me change some habits and now the MPD works better then ever. I ran a 36.5 off pass (38off plus the switch section) last night that was so freaking bitch’n that my love for the MPD is totally renewed. I was so pumped up that when I shortened the rest of the way to 38 I was screwed. I was just too darn happy about that one pass.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Chet Raley showed up at our tournament in Okeeheelee today without his Warp, but rather with a Goode Wide Ride. He somehow bent the fin on the way over that he used for his two hours or so of trying out the ski, so had to put a stock fin and wing on to ski. I was driving and could not believe it when he pointed to something other than his beloved Warp on his feet. The story of the fin did not fill me with confidence about how he was going to ski.

He opened at 28, wheelied one ball and ran the rest of the pass without much fanfare.

32, again not the best one, but ok.

35, pretty good overall.

38, wheelies one ball again, but gets back in the game and runs the pass!

39, runs it!

41, manages "just one" here...

The whole time he's laughing and talking of riding tobagan through the course. From the drivers seat, I'd say he felt pretty good and symetrical overall. I did notice the wheelies since he had to jump in the lean a bit to get back in the game, but he was not jerking me around wildly either. I have pulled him to 2, 1, and 1.5 in the three previous times I drove practice for him, so I am aware of what he "normally" feels like. To say the boat crew (and everyone else) was impressed is certainly an understatement.

I hope you enjoy your Wide Ride set when you finally get to Charleston!

• Administrators

we will be using what ever #s the factory rep says.... or that is what I would but I am not in charge (thank God). I am sure it is well under control.

Tadd-o-caster and the H2Oz crew are doing a killer job.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can