HO A1 settings

waterskicorey

• Baller
My wife has a 65" and I was checking her settings yesterday and noticed that when I measured her fin flat from tail, it was .765.  This seemed pretty far forward, as my 66.25 was .705, both settings were out of the box.  Just trying to find out whats right.

Flat DFT like on the Goode web site. Once I dial in my numbers with tips and needles (if that is how I get my numbers) I measure my fin Goode style and use those numbers to tweak from that point. Factory is .770 flat on a 66.25. I have been forward and aft of that and .765-.770 seems to work best for me.

I am an authorized HO dealer in the US and deal only with HO products.  I work very closely with the factory and have the correct fin numbers and binding placement for you.

Length (tips) 6.840

Depth 2.508

Tail .77

Wing 9 Degrees upside down

Bindings from tail to heel of front boot

65" - 29"

66.25"- 29.5"

67.5" - 29.75"

68.75 - 30"

• Baller

67.5 out of the box

tail .772 flat

6.836 length tips

thinkin my thinkin was wrong about why people size down on the A1. After skiing it another set today vs a 67 09 RCX for a set the RCX felt smaller (mo rocker).

• Baller
Here's what I've found with my A1. stay with 6.840 tips, 2.508! Don't adjust from there, it doesn't work!    DFT is .770 stock. That's the only fin adjustment I make for this ski! I base my dft on plaining angle, and heal side turn. I'm currantly @ .795 with water @ 55.  RS1 bindings 1/8" forward of stock. I've been both foward and back of stock. 1/8" foward is best!!!! For wing, 7 for 32, 8 for 34, 9 for 36. That's what works best for me here in the COLD NORTHWEST. I'll be heading to Chet's tomorrow "THANK GOD" /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

EF,

Chet's! Cool  Jealous!Tongue out Tell him and Wimm I say hello from Chuck Dickey

A friend named Ward is suppose to be there on Monday, say Hi if you see him.  I'll try the 34 settings in the AM and post some feedback.  I love it bone stock but have always been a tinkerer.

Chuck,

the first few sets on my my 66.25 last fall were feeling that the ski would make me brake forward after hook up comming out of the ball. I cant figure out why moving forward would help that, but after a few calls Greg insisted that I get it to 5/8ths. Maybe it was getting more sets under me, but it went away. My issue this spring is tip comming up after hook up. I have a new A1 due to some issues with the bottom of my last one (Thanks Tadd at H20z, Great service) and I am at .770 as compared to .763 last fall. I will move it today and check it out. Our water is 60f now, so its time to start dialing in.       

Hi,

Had my first set of the year on my new A1. The first set is always the first set of course, but the ski felt terrible wrong. Everything is factorysetting, bindings, fin and wing.

The pullout felt OK, but when I turn in for the gate, the ski seemed to be left behind, it felt liked it stopped when I turn in. Offside, felt like I was falling towards the surface and on side was the tail popping.

Any idea? First thought was to move the bindings back.

Scot,

This spring I am feeling nothing but late, but I only have a few weeks under my belt. The thing I like the most from my A1 is the tip stays down so well and more ski in the water helps keep the ski on the track I have set it on. I had a tendancy to have the tip flare up when I grabed the handle with My Monza and othere skis. But when I would fin adjust to keep the tip down, I would get tail slide or blow out. With this ski, I get none of the above and if I can set the path it will stay on it if I use my arms correctly. That butterfield handle control thing is always on my mind this spring and I am dealing with that and watching Karina. So far I am not having a good spring, but my water is also only 55 and its freezing up here. Dry suits suck.

With being early comes my other problem. What to do with the time waiting for the Ball?

If you are set a those numbers, you are set to start. Comming off Monza, I felt a bit of what you are dealing with and it was better every set. Try going back a bit with boots.

What were you skiing on and are you in the same boots?

6.840 is with tips. With my goode caliper, I am at 6.719 flat.

2.508 is what most are at, but I am at 2.503.

I have not messed around with numbers too much on the A1 due to it feeling good at stock, but I am running mine at .763 which is not a huge change.

Ride it a few more sets.  

I was skiing 05 Monza until this year. I have my old double Approach to start with. When I feel comfortable, I will switch to RS-a but don´t want to switch both bindings and ski.

I´m thinking bindings back will be a good thing to start try. If it feels ok I will mount my RS-1 in a couple of sets. I also have a Prophecy, but since the Approach doesn't fit it, I start with the A1. So the plan is, get used to A1, get used to RS-1 and then try the Prophecy. By the time i have decided what to ski, it´s probably ice on the lakes again:-)

Suggest you try the 66.25 ski  at 1/8" forward of stock. Works well IMHO 

Front binding 29.625" to the back of the rubber, just above the plastic horse shoe to the tail

0.77 DFT

6.840 tips

2.508 D 

• Baller
How does the saying go?" Those who can't ski coach!" I was skiing so bad I just wanted to bring you down to my level! Not sure I'm the one you should listen to./vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

Hi Chuck,

Can not move the bindings any moore forward. I have x-small front and small rear. I can move the frontbinding 1 hole forward, but not the rear. I allready got moore space between the binding than I had on the monza. I can try forward later, when I start to use my RS-1.

I noticed on my new A1 that HO put another 1/2 inch of seperation between the front and rear boot holes.

My origional A1 had the holes placed closer together. 

Jacke,

Have you had more sets on it yet? How much do you weigh? You may have too muck ski under you with a 66.25 

• Baller
Hey Corey or anyone else on the 68.75 A1 how is it working?  I am thinking about replacing my 69" 2005 Monza with a new stick this year and due to my inability to shut my pie hole it needs to be a big ski.  I am interested in feedback on the 68.75 A1.

Hi,

Moved the bindings one hole back and run 4 passes. Felt OK, but not great. It felt like the ski has very big radius turning which makes later and later.
I will give at couple of more sets and then try the Prophecy

Jacke,

I'm on RS-1 boots (they're fantastic!) and plate (9's) LFF. I can easily get to stock distance from rear heel to tail, 29.75" for a 67.5" A-1. I can still go one full hole forward of stock if I needed to as well as three holes back. RS-1 plate can also adjusts in half hole increments. I have my feet touch, no gap and I rotate my rear boot.  Look at the bottom of your plate, many have extra holes to mount the boot to the plate, you may be able to solve this problem with the bindings you have.

IMHO - Stay bone stock with this ski and just ride it.  Your body / style will adjust easily to this ski. This is no ordinary HO ski, you need to get on the front more than the Monza. You really just need to be balanced on the ski, not forward and not back. Skied this past weekend with Marcus Brown (Great coach) and he set everyone at stock setting, they're the best for both fin and boots.  All I can say is modify your plates to get to their stock front settings and give your self a chance to get use to it.

Long time, no writing. After a couple of stes with RS-1 bindings everyting feels great. I have now switched to the Prophecy. Only skied once yet, but first impression was that the A1 was riding deeper than the Prophecy. I really like the A1 but will give the Prophecy an honest shot, at least 5 sets. If the A1 still feels better than A1 it is.