DECISIONS (WHAT TO RIDE)

skidawg

• Baller

Our great leader JTH has sent me a demo A1.  I have been interested in riding it all summer and JT has hooked a brother up.  I only have two rides on it but it is an extremely fun ski to ride.  I will expand upon it after a few rides saturday,  Stay tuned. 

Dawg out

• Baller

Jones: I am still on my trusty 9800. Love the ski but have watched a bunch of guys get on the RCX and look the best I have seen them.

I did ride my X5 for 1.5 sets. DIdn't work for me.

Regarding the falls I have taken, that was the loose screw on top. It's been tightened a bit and just a hair better now ;)

• Baller

Not to be soo sales'y, but being that I am a sponsor on the website, I think I am well within my limits.

I do have a demo program on all skis made (except Goode and Fisher), and I have quite a few demo skis in stock, and although we typically do not do the demo program on closeouts, I am willing to do it for BOS members.

I have just about every ski in stock right now, with the exception of the A1, which I am waiting on more to come in.

Just FYI, the A1, RCX, Prophecy, and RS1 are not on closeout, although again, I do have demo's in stock, that are discounted.

Shoot me an email or give me a call and I will take care of you.  I can email you the Ride Before You Buy policy so you can see what it is all about.

On top of that, we are proud of our knowledge of the industry and are more than happy to share it with all of our customers.

If you purchase a ski from us or do a RBYB, our emails are open, phones are open, as well as video analysis.

I can explain how it all works, if you are interested.

As well, I am looking forward to the Independent Ski Tests coming up, which will be happening at the H2Osmosis Training Center in a few weeks.

Stay tuned, as we will have some video of the tests available shortly after the tests are over.  Giving you a peak as to the skis for the coming year.

I know that some of you have bought your skis through us, and I appreciate it a lot, Darwin, you being one of the best customers we have.

Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.
Tadd Schreiber

H2Osmosis Sports

H2oproshop.com 

tadd at h2osmosis dot com 

I have tried the RCX(one size too big and it felt really good). Very similar to what I've been on. D3's for the last 5 years, currently on X5. Thanks for the info, I'll stick with what I know(D3) and work on myself for the consistant part.

• Baller

I rode the rcx again (68" today-67" before) 67 is my size, and rode the steak sauce (demo thru JTH-supreme intergalactic obama wanna be) several more times.  The sauce is a super fun ski to ride.  Super fast, carves great turns, loves it when the skier climbs up on the front in the turns.  It has a certain style that works on it,  if you ride the tail it isn't a good feel, but if you carve big and stay in the center of the ski it really rips.  I was surprised my first ride, I really didn't expect to enjoy it that much but it is one of the most fun skis i have ridden in a long time.  Both sides turn great, real aggressive.  The only thing i didn't enjoy about the sauce is occassionally i would over turn on my off side if i got to aggressive. I did also spend some time on the rcx this fall(demo thru scott greenwood from Ark.).  I  enjoyed it equally as well.  It rolls into the gate shot turn super smooth and easy and releases out as easy as it rolls in.  It is super stable and plenty fast.  I have not enjoyed skiing this much in a long time (due to riding 2 new sweet skis) and I cannot decide which ski is going to be the best for me.  I think I can consistently ski better on the rcx, but I feel the A-1 has a potential for the bigger PB.  What to do, What to do.  Gonna spend some time on the prophecy.  Hopefully it  will make things that much more difficult.

Dawg Out (permanetly undecided, but havin fun)

Thanks to JTH & Greeny for the loaners ya'll can have them back when I die!!!!

• Baller
Took a few more rides on the A-1 and played with binding settings.  moved it forward a bit and WOW!  This ski is the bomb baby.  I have enjoyed every turn and burn.  Stomp on it, push on it, do what ever you want and it keeps moving thru the turn ( as long as you stay countered on your off side)  It lets me do very stupid stuff and doesn't punish me for my mistakes.  Thanks for the demo JTH.

MS what size A-1 are those settings for. I got my hands on one and took two sets yesterday, wasnt what I was  expecting. The ski is very stable and quick, but I was running all stock settings and I didnt feel like it want to finish on the off side. And I know thats one of the skis strong suits so I figured it needed an adjustment. Its a 66.25 by the way.

• Baller
I've had the 67.5 and the 68.75 A-1, and the boots 1/8" forward of stock is way better! stock #'s for all is 6.840 tips 2.508 .770 DFT 9 wing. I've found 8 on the wing is better for me, and the stock #'s are the best. I just go forward with DFT as the water cools. In the summer we were about 78 on the water, now about 57 and I'm at .790on DFT. The ski completely rocks! I base my DFT movements on how well the ski comes around, plus when you feel like you'll go OTF on the wakes, time to increase. /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-money-mouth.gif

• Baller

Chef, I'm around 10" on a good day!

Ha Ha!

I ended up with the 68.75. I'm 215lbs and actually liked both but this one carries more speed through the turn which is what will make my skiing more efficient. At least that's what I'm told?