D3 Wide ride

KG

• Baller
To my knowledge the ski Marcus was riding was a custom Nomad.  I saw it and noticed it had a 4" strip of grey down the length of the ski, indicating he obviously modified the ski.  At Diablo, they were announcing it as a "wide ride", which makes sense.  Not sure if this is something D3 plans on doing in the future or what.

• Administrators
The thing you have to understand about D3 is that the R&D never stops. Seeing a wider D3 does not mean that they are coming out with a wide ski. It only means that they are looking at it.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I can't imagine why D3 would need to increase volume in a ski that is already very stable.  I understand that no changes are coming to the RCX for 2009 - and there shouldn't be.  One of - if not the best - ski I've ever ridden.  And the 67" that's being past around my site is gaining fans by the boat load!

• Baller
This summer I had a lesson with seth and he had 2 skis he was testing. They looked just like the pic above lots of bondo. One was shorter than the other and they had a 1/2 in. strip down the center added to the front of the ski. The strip tapered as it went back.  I pulled him during this testing and watched a a few sets too. The longer of the 2 he didnt like but the shorter ski he did. After dropping at one end he said, " I think we may have something here". I asked him how it was and he said, "it just drops in with no effort" He was running 32's and 35's here. Im on a mpd now and am thinking of getting a d3 just after my first lesson with him and having him describe different skis.