Single Front Hardshell Options? Opinions?

skibug

• Baller

I am looking to start out next season with a hardshell.  I ski with a rear toe plate.  I know there are several hardshell bindings out there, FM (various series), Reflex, Fogman, Goode, Radar, Connelly Draft (not sure if the Cnnelly is considered a hard shell) . 

1.  Are there anymore to consider? 

2.  Does anyone have experience with a single or know someone with a single to comment?

3.  Who makes the best single front binding? 

• Baller

I have a Reflex hardshell on my trick ski and I got a plate and put it on my Monza with RTP and skied it for 1 set and then ran screaming back to my Wiley.  I probably didn't have it set up right but I could never get comfortable on it and felt like I was going to kill myself.  This was a mid season change and I didn't want to take the time to get used to it.  I may give it another go in the spring when I am getting ramped up for the season.

I do like the way the hardshell feels on my foot, it is very comfortable and holds me in place securely.  One thing you need to be careful of is your back foot.  I get up with one foot in and practically broke my toe the first time I kicked in.  Since then I have moved my RTP back so it wouldn't be an issue but if you have your feet very close together it could be an issue.

From looking at ERBs set up (JDs neighbor that makes the G10 plates) he mounts the reflex on the front and runs a Wiley rear. I would do the same with the RTP and Reflex front. He pulled the Wiley off the wiley plate and mounted the boot right on the G10. Its the best set up that I have seen though I have not skied it.