What ski for a woman?

ForrestGump

• Baller
My girlfriend announced that she wanted to start skiing. She's very athletic and picked up wakeboarding with ease earlier in the summer. Put the boom out, pulled her up, and let her ride beside the boat a couple of weeks ago, but she's never done a deepwater start on a slalom yet. So, what is a good choice of a ski to put her on? I'm wanting to get her something that she can learn and improve on and start running the course, but not something too radical.  

• Administrators
Email me. I have a closet full of new and used stuff.  I could sell you my girlfriends Synchro but she knows where I sleep at nite.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
A friend of mine has a D3 Tightline that his g/f used to learn to slalom / course.  Very forgiving yet turns well.  The ski is in great condition and could probably be bought cheap.  I would recommend any of the D3 customs.  The X5 may be too much and the RC(X) certainly is.  The Tightline was a ladies version of the X5 - a bit softer.

• Baller
No offense to all the suggestions of skis; but, would a beginner be better on a less aggressive ski than the Synchro, X5, ect.?  Just my 2 cents.  But...if you do go with a high end ski my vote would be for the X5.  My wife has been skiing for 6 years and just started skiing on one about 2 months ago; she loves it.  I also know two other women who are skiing on the X5 and they love it too.  I think it has just the right amount of flex/give/softness and great solid turns for those who ski lighter on the line, much like most women.  I wish I could ski lighter on the line 

• Baller

No insult intended by me Joe.  My wife & I had a great time in Covington meeting & skiing with you all.

And to stay on topic... this spring I took my wife off an old HO Esprit and put her on my old D3 Custom X and she immediately liked it better and started improving.

Jim