Funky Balls

Horton

• Administrators

I got this email tonight:

having a heard time finding good quality turn bouys.
The new ones from ********* are junk from china.
one week and they are all faded and our of round.
Where can I purchase some thing good?

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Funny you should mention that.  I just pulled out a box of new "Gladiator" buoys for our tournament this weekend.  Out of a total of 12, only 8 would inflate enough to smooth out before expanding beyond spec.  I'm not sure why Overton's changed suppliers but these buoys are junk.  The ones from Miami Ski Nautique are nice but they fade too quickly and are prone to puncture.  I'll try the skier to skier buoys next season.

• Baller

Skier to Skier sells PolyForm balls.  To my knowledge there are two manufacturers of slalom buoys - PolyForm and Taylor Made.  Hands down the PolyForm are the best.  The ones Overtons used to sell were made by another manufacturer (in Far East as they all are) but no one has ever been able to figure out where they came from and Overtons would never tell (I tried).  Ski Limited (before being bought up by the company that also owns Overtons) sold the Taylor Made and they were notorious for failed valves and pin holes etc, really junk stuff.

We've sold thousands of PolyForm buoys over the years and have had maybe a half-dozen or so come back for failed valves or pin holes.  That's damn good quality I don't care who you are.  They fade though and have to be replaced periodically if you want nice bright colored buoys on your course.

Ed

Go with the Skier-to-Skier PolyForm balls, and let 'em fade the first season.  Then, in the off season, buy some Fluorescent Red spraypaint (Krylon) at Wal-Mart and paint the top 5/8 of the ball.  Bright as hell and much cheaper than buying new balls.

TW 

He will tell you he will fix it, but he will not tell you how. It would probably be somthing like this.

If I am elected, I will fix all your ZO issues, get you some quality RED BALLS, I will get you a ski that you can take down 43 with and my wife will tell you she is proud of you. All this for a measly 200 extra dollars a month out of your check. (OOPS, that sounds like a plan) And by the way, I am here in St louis, no, make that st. paul, or am in Kanas City. Daddy, where are you.       

Before you set them out, use 303 on them.  They will fade much slower.  If you hit them with 303 every few weeks, they will last the season without too much fade and you won't rub off paint if you graze the buoy with your ski.