Replacing inserts

kpickett

• Baller

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this.  I picked up an X5 for my wife.  It's working really well for her.  She finally has been running the full course.  Two of the binding inserts are driven down into the ski.  What's the best way to remove the old ones, and where do you get new ones? 

Thanks,

Kyle

• Baller

Do the inserts still work?  Just because they are driven down doesn't mean they are bad.  Just asking. 

If you do choose to remove them; try using "locktite red" thread lock and one of the binding screws.  Put the locktite on the screw and screw it down tight without the binding.  Let it set overnight.  The strength of the locktiite and the over tighening of the screw should overcome the threads of the insert.  Otrherwise you will have to drill it out.

You will have to either fill the hole with JB Weld or some type of 2 part epoxy and redrill; or, oversize the new insert.

You should be able to find them at Lowes, Home Depot, or a boating store like West Marine.  They may not be exactly what you had in there; but they will work fine.