69" Radar Carbon Senate

Horton

• Administrators
I got a Carbon Senate from Radar thinking that it is wide enough for INT Wide Ride but I think it is too narrow by something like .08". It is a demo but looks pretty darn good. Anyone need a big ski?

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

I am currently skiing on an Obrien Synchro 69".  I am 6'4" 235 lbs. and currently skiing at 15off 30mph.  How would the Senate compare to the synchro? And how much difference does the carbon Senate make over the regular Senate?

• Administrators

Thanks Brent. Your check is in the mail.

wcalroberts,
The 69" Synchro is a really good ski but wow is it big. I own one and use it for teaching people to ski. In fact my future first wife learned on it and now skis on the 66" version. The Carbon Senate is a whole differnt deal. With the Carbon Senate you basically get 90% of competition ski for a lot less scratch.  See http://waterskitests.com/IST08/Senate.htm

If you thing you want it shoot me an email Horton@ballofspray.com

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I have been playing around on a 69" Senate C and found the Goode "standard" shaped fin more to my liking than the stock Radar fin.  You need to file the back top edge of the fin so it can be moved back properly in the fin box though.  Thinking of trying my 105 in it, but will have to modify the fin to get it back in the fin box far enough, not sure I want to risk messing it up.

I have found deeper and longer is better with this ski.  It might be due to the wider tail, but I am around 2.540 and 6.930 jaws.  Running 11 degrees on my wing.

245 lbs running 32 off without any problems at 34 mph.  Working on 35 off, but usually too tired when I get there!  should have ran it the other night but dropped the handle around 4 ball. 

I think this ski can run 35 off if I can.  Just need to ski more than once a week.  /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cry.gif

AB 

• Baller

Horton, AB, or ????? can you give a little more detail on your experience riding the Senate C. I'm 225 working on 28@34 and currently on 68.5 9800.  Any thoughts on how the skis compare?

Thanks,

Jay 

• Baller_
I had a Carbon Senate, it's a 67" - I weigh 180. I really liked how easy it was to ski on, plus the deepwater start was alot less effort than my MPD, and it is still fast from side to side. It is a smooth and forgiving ski, and will get you through -32, and even -35 if you're patient. I handed it down to one of our ski group, who's doing very well on it. With a little more technique improvement he'll be running -35 soon. One of the older guys in our group recently dropped to 32mph (M7) and went to a 65" Senate C, and it's working well for him too. I have no knowledge about that Goode ski you're on, other than it has no inserts to attach your bindings!