Andy's new ski.

bhs

• Administrators

I thought it was a secret but I see it has been anounced on Andy's site that they  are building the ski by RTM. (Resin Transfer Molding) THis is how the Fishers are made. The tooling is expencive but the product should be consistant and beautiful. Also there was a rumor that the ski was going to be made by another company..... not true. It is being built by O'Brien.

I have not seen one but hope to get to do a test before too long.

• Baller
just got word that Andy's new ski will cost $2000.... I guess I'm out. I was really interested in trying it out because I have liked his skis in the past and the new mold technology was very intriguing. Unfortunately I have boat insurance, gas, college funds, braces and my wife's shoes to pay for! Just wondering how many people out there are willing to drop that kind of cash?

• Administrators
The bad news: I have not even seen one but have enough trust in Andy to bet the ski will freak'n kick ass. Kinda cool that we have new skis this year from Andy and Bob LaPoint. Old dudes rules!

• Baller_

The ski has 2 design features with great potential:

1.  A very thin tail and round bevels that should make the it ride very deep and be difficult to blow out the tail.

2.  They are taking material out of the tip so that the flex remains the same in the very front of the ski instead of getting stiffer beyond the forward most measurement point.  Should help the tip stay down instead of tending to pop up at the completion of the turn.

I'm more interested in the injection molding that should make a ski durable enough that I can ride it for more than a season.

All good stuff that needs to be proven out.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Supporting Member
Syndrome!  Man, I've been trying to remember that character's name since the day I joined this forum, but kept forgetting to search it up.  I feel so much better now...  Well, except my back.