Anyone have flex #'s for the Rs-1

slalomdude

• Administrators

Mine is

Beware of thinking you know what this means. The flex rocker relationship is a big part of how a ski feels.

I have a R&D ski from some factory..... that is

Hardest turning, fastest ski I have ever had. By the numbers you would not thing so..... Unless you have a dozen skis to try I say trust the factory.

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

Gosh, that is like explaining how tire pressure affects race car performance. In combination with rocker, bevel shape, profile shape, thickness, twist (yea your ski has some twist), tensional flex, dynamic flex and other stuff, flex numbers tell you how a ski will work. Lower numbers mean softer flex and higher numbers mean stiffer flex.

A stiff ski may be faster across and a softer ski may turn easier but that is not really always true. Not a good assumption. Some factories believe that skis can be softer if they have less rocker or the other way around. I would say that with two skis out of the same mold, flex numbers mean a lot but for two different skis from different molds or factories they mean a lot less.

Ski design is a Black Art. Clear rules do not seem to apply and that is why we see good R&D groups put out really crappy skis every so often. Not so much in the last few years but it does happen.

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can