Stargazer help

eleeski

• Baller

OK Horton, you are right. There is a real difference between Stargazer and ZO. Last night I was skiing Stargazer and struggling with 32 off. Too much slack at 2 ball. Just for fun I switched to ZO ©. It was like I was on a different ski! Easy 32 with no slack at all. Immediately switched back to Stargazer and the rope is underwater and no way can I hold on at 2.

I really like ZO but I have drawn Stargazer for Nationals. I'd like to run some passes at Nationals but I don't want to ruin my ski or style for one tournament. OK, I would do it for Nationals but I don't think I can.

When I first switched to Stargazer the only person using Stargazer on Stan's boat was light and skied with "L". I skied well with her setup. I have struggled with "N". Can I request "L" at Nationals? What exactly does "L" vs "N" do to the pull? I like a short intense hit behind the boat. Stargazer seems to stay on too long and give me an extra kick into the buoy (which I turn into slack). Will "L" shut off the boat response earlier?

Sorry to dredge up this issue again but I probably only have one or two more runs before Nats. If I can tune the Stargazer to help a bit, my score might improve. Thanks

Eric

• Baller

Eric - there is nothing currently available on the SG system that truly replicates ZO.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I too, struggle behind SG.  There is too much delay in response from the boat and the mid course times are always 7:16 to 7:18 (with me, anyway).  That makes the boat over react from 3 to 4 in order to get a 16:95 end time.  I've been skiing great behind ZO for the past week.  Got behind SG last night and struggled at first.  Like you, I have SG at Nationals.  My advice is to "tone-down" at the apex of your turns and don't get in a hurry.  The delay in pull can work to your advantage if you let it. 

As I've said before, a bad driver can impact your performance much greater than any cruise system.  And the deeper water at WPB will feel slower as well. 

• Administrators
More bad news. I find that ZO is different from boat to boat. I have had some good rides with ZO but only behind the some CC (not all). As for Gazer I have had one one round where I thought the feel was all wrong and that was behind a MC. To ski in StarGazer "L mode" you have to be less then 125 lbs. Unless you get a tapeworm youhave to use N. I am really happy I am not going to Nationals for this GPS Mess!

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Anorexia doesn't work that quickly. And I got a wonderful dinner with my parents so 145 (125) lbs is not possible.

So I took my last training ride at Stargazer "N". Since the boat wouldn't change, I had to. If I keep extra tip pressure across the wake and work soft knees I can make Stargazer work. I had a good set (ran 32) once I figured out what to do. Now if I can do as well in WPB I won't be too embarrassed. Until I jump!

Thanks for your help

Eric

• Baller

When I installed SG in ours it was a faster first segment, 1 and 3 ball times were about .06 - .08 fast and then the boat slowed after 3 ball, which you could feel coming into 4 ball . Had to adjust the settings for gate,1 and 3 ball and now worst case scenario is  .01 either way, took a bit of monkey nuttin around but now it's a great consistant pull.

eleeski did you try to use the '+' or '++' setting on SG? It is supposed to add more of a pull/throttle off of the buoy.