Stargazer Settings from USAWS website

lkb

• Baller

Has anybody used these for an 08 mastercraft 197 TT? For 34 N they say pregate, .9   ball 1, 16   ball 3, 15

for 34 L they recommend .5, 10, and 2

A friend has this boat but has never used the SG. We were considering using it for a tournament so skiers could have their pick of SG or ZO. Any thoughts? What is the weight cutoff for light and normal? would I still have to play around with crew weight to get good times?

thanks

• Baller

You can start there but may need to adjust.  The pregate should be right but may need to be lowered for "N".  Work your 1-ball times first and then 3 ball when making changes.  As for "L" and "N", I use 160lbs as the cutoff.  And yes, you may still need to manipulate the crew weight to get the times to balance.

Otherwise, I wouldn't mess with it.  PPSG will be a thing of the past in two weeks.  You won't see it in many tournaments moving forward. 

• Baller

Try PP classic on KX- PX10 with slightly hot times from running the weight up. A short hard hammer pull. A couple of weeks ago I would have said "works for me" but now my skiing is deteriorating rapidly. Nationals pressure? Broken down ski? Too much Stargazer practice?!

Eric

• Baller
My 2 cents. I have SG on our boat and have skied the older version of ZO. I found that 'C'  (which is now 'A'?) is similar in type of pull, meaning a smoother no noticable increase in throttle off the ball, a steady pull. The difference I felt was that ZO felt like a stronger pull through the course, so maybe a little hotter time on SG will replicate the feel of ZO 'C' (or new 'A').

• Baller
Horton - just suck it up - it's not that different.  I looked at my practice scores this year behind each system and it is relatively close ( around 4-5 at 35 average).  My tournament average is about the same.  Of course, you can come down early and ski w/ MS at my place - I think he's coming for my Labor Day tournament, staying the week and then driving down for the BBD.