Who Are you guys - (ski age) Part 4

Horton

• Baller

I tried the RS-1, my old 9600, and I'm back on my 9700 until my SL shows up.  JD why do you prefer the 96 over the 97?  They are my two favorites but after revisiting the 96, my 97 is a much better turning ski.

• Baller
I guess it's a difference in style ( I have none!).  The 9700 is quicker than the 9600 but I believe the 9600 works better for me.  I never bonded well w/ the 9700 and that could have been the particular ski I had - who knows.  But the SL has not been kind to a large group of skiers from my area.  And these guys are 38/39 off types.  They've all gone back to 9500/9600/9700 versions with great success.  I'm hearing of similar tales from other areas as well.  The 9800 / 9800SL is getting a reputation for breaking down or downright breaking.  The 9500-9700 versions held up better under fire.  Now, Dave will introduce his surfboard at Nationals this year.  Those I've spoken to who have ridden it have differing opinions.  It will be interesting to see how well this ski does in the marketplace.  But for me, I'll stick w/ my old ski for now - that is, until John sends me a 68" Prophesy!!

• Baller

I did vote on this one. I guess that having superfil that hasn't cured counts as still hot from the oven (is my lake really an oven?). Despite my Regionals performance. I'll try not to change much before Nats. Unless I'm skiing badly. But I might put some of Terry Winter's cool custom graphics on the top. I haven't decided whether polish is cool.

Eric