Mastercraft Hull by year

ktm300

• Baller
What is the earliest year of the current 197 hull.  Going back further, Mastercraft has some bad years 98 & 99.  When was the next acceptable hull in a 190?  2000?  Thanks.

• Baller

Is black an acceptable color for a ski boat? The color is the only downside (plus the lack of mufflers) in Stan's new 08 MC. While the hull is the same as my 04 MC and the trick wake is identical, the new boat slaloms much better. Maybe it's the ZO (OK it still slaloms well on Stargazer - even if it makes up all the time at 6 ball). Maybe my water is too hot. Maybe the PP switch isn't working right on my old boat. The feel of the new boat is better for me - as are my scores.

Maybe that's why I personally am not too down on ZO - my old boat is really hard to slalom behind for me. My old 97 carburated Ski Nautique feels much easier than the 04 MC but I haven't skied it since using the ZO.

I switched to the MC for tricks when Nautique ruined the trick wake with the current hull. I can't remember the year exactly but the MC hasn't changed much since then. A friend had one of the 99 "disaster crafts" and there was a retrofit that made his boat acceptable.

The 94 MC was a great boat. And my best practice buoy counts are behind the old stars and stripes boats. Of course, I can pull them around to my advantage and the tournament pull is nothing like that. But with the price of gas high, maybe a little, less powerful and thrifty boat might make it's way back into tournaments.

Eric

• Baller
The design came out in 2001 but the truly current hull with the transom hook came out on the 2002 Tournament Team boats and went into regular production for 2003.