What ZO setting do you use?

Horton

• Baller
How about "NONE"....of course that isn't a voting answer.  We don't have access to it within our club.  Only (1) boat out of the (7) that are owned buy our club members is new enough and that one owner isn't a tournament skier so the investment of $1300 doesn't really make it on his radar screen.  We do have (2) big dawg skiers (into 39 off) but they have a 2005 SN....so, no ZO for them.

• Baller
Alright, sorry for the bitching......it just hit me that all of this variance makes for such a taxing discussion.  It is too bad that they can't make something that allows each skier to carry there speed control package with them, much like the ski they prefer to use.  A type of plug and play set up for each boat.  You would simply hand the driver something like and MP3 player, jack it in and away you go.  That way no one could complain about it, sor to of like choosing your own ski and ski set up.....its on you. 

• Baller
When we upgraded the 08 SN we have on site to P-101, I continued to use "A" setting for a period of time.  I'm beginning to feel "B" is more appropriate.  "A" comes on later and stays longer.  "B" gives me an opportunity to get in position but doesn't carry the pull too far off the 2nd wake.  I find this works best for my style.  If you like to get it quick and hard right out of the buoy, then "C" would be your choice.  I think the smoother and "lighter" you ski, "A" works best.  But most of us don't ski "light" on the boat.

Didn't ZO turn the ABC's around for '08?

"A" was the aggressive one and "C" was the soft one in '07 which people complained was counter-intuitive so now (2008 version) "A" is the soft one and "C" is the aggressive one?

I like the most aggressive one that pulls on me the second I start pulling on it then lets stops when I do. I'm one of those PP Kx++ guys so go figure.

So I guess it's "C"

• Baller

B for me and other skiers unless they request a certain setting.

A came back with bad results for all levels of skiers (up to 34 mph 28off and 36mph 22off).

Haven't tried C too much yet (only once).

What does all this variance in the descriptions and end user application say?

I've seen attempts to describe the different settings, but no real concensus.

• Baller

Ondwater:

My daughter (120lbs) likes "A" behind both the SN and MC.  In fact, she's one of the few who prefer ZO to SG behind the MC.  She skis 34mph mid 32 off.

Now, as for SG, there are no presets for 32mph so I would watch the mid-course times and if hot, drop the crew weight to compensate.  Whenever my daughter skis behind SG, we have to lower the crew weight by at least 50% to get good mid-course times.

ZO reversed the letter progression with revision "P".  P and the new P101 are more reactive the further into the alphabet you go.  So....A is the lightest and C is the most aggresive in simple terms, although I believe it is far more involved, as anyone who has skied it a bunch can attest.

I had a real hard time with revision P, even on A.  Skied SG until I updated to P101.  Initially with P101 I skied many practice and tournament sets on A.  Still different from SG, but considering SG won't have much longevity beyond this year, I forced myself to use the ZO when we got P101. One of our club members was a driver down at Coble's ski school. He was telling me that the advice given at that ski school was for everyone to ski "C" unless they knew they liked something else. 

I skied 2 sets yesterday on C and now my back is sore.  Coincidence maybe, but I think for my style C just gets on me too quick.  I think I'm gonna stick with B for awhile.

Jerry

• Baller

I skied my first tourney after ZO this weekend. My impression is that it is much harder than SG or PP. 2 days before the tourney I practiced behind ZO for the first time. I started with the B setting.  I had some slack at the balls and on the next session I tried A instead but the slack problem got worse. On C I did not have any slack but it felt much faster. In the tourney I skied C and the best result I got was 2 balls below my PB. As long I skied well it felt ok but as soon as I got to my hope-to-make-pass it felt impossible to get more than 2.  One mistake and I had no chance to make up.

I know that a lot of you don´t like ZO, but what are your feelings, have you come to the same conclusion as I have?

Tsixam

• Baller

Thanks Jdarwin.

We have tournament this weekend and dont know a boat yet. our dauhgter is 100lbs and

is skiing her max of 32 mph and sometimes getting into 22 off. Just depends on the day.

Sounds like  setting A is the way to go with the ZO for jr's.

We will probably be behind a 08 lxi  with SG...

thanks again and I think we need a fourum for the youths. 

• Baller
Just spent a day in NorCal behind a 94 SN with PP 6.0 kx n, px 0 Ran a full 6 bouys past what I did at INT US Championships last week. Boat times were .94-.96 I still ask the question "of what benifit to tournment skiers is GPS ?" I have yet to get an answer that has anything to do with sking, only with ease of operation for the driver. From my limited perspective B on ZO is much more user friendly. A feels like the gas goes off then on again at every ball regardless of what I do. Tried C on the Tige 20i and I am not man enough to ski it. That is all